CyberPowerPC - Melted batteries in cp900avr power supply
I had used the cyber power cp900 avr uninterruptible power supply to protect my equipment for several years until the unit stopped working displaying a fault warning.I disconnected it and used a regular power strip for a while.
When I got around to opening the unit to replace the batteries I found them to be melted and nearly ruptured. It's a complete miracle there was no fire! I have filed a safety report with the consumers safety commission. Apparently this is not an isolated incident as a simple Google search brings up other reports of these units completely melting down and releasing acid and leaving a puddle of molten plastic.
These should be recalled before someone's house burns down.
Review about: Cyberpower Cp900Avr.
I didn't like: Near house fire.
Review #591507 is a subjective opinion of a user.