Brick Township, New Jersey
100% full Not resolved

I had used the cyber power cp900 avr uninterruptible power supply to protect my equipment for several years until the unit stopped working displaying a fault warning.I disconnected it and used a regular power strip for a while.

When I got around to opening the unit to replace the batteries I found them to be melted and nearly ruptured. It's a complete miracle there was no fire! I have filed a safety report with the consumers safety commission. Apparently this is not an isolated incident as a simple Google search brings up other reports of these units completely melting down and releasing acid and leaving a puddle of molten plastic.

These should be recalled before someone's house burns down.

Review about: Cyberpower Cp900Avr.

I didn't like: Near house fire.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Unsafe product. Fire hazard! / $100
Preferred solution Warn others of this safety concern. Recall

Had an Experience with CyberPowerPC?

Comments

At least you got a fault warning.I have a 1350AVR.

My wife was at the desk, when she thought the desk light was smoking. I went to unplug the light, only to find my CP1350 smoking. I powered down all items and unplugged the device.

Doing a search has left me a bit concerned (other issues out there).Had we not been home, we may not have had a home to return to if the device had caught fire.