CyberPowerPC - Melted batteries in cp900avr power supply

3 of 18 CyberPowerPC reviews

I had used the cyber power cp900 avr uninterruptible power supply to protect my equipment for several years until the unit stopped working displaying a fault warning.I disconnected it and used a regular power strip for a while.

When I got around to opening the unit to replace the batteries I found them to be melted and nearly ruptured. It's a complete miracle there was no fire! I have filed a safety report with the consumers safety commission. Apparently this is not an isolated incident as a simple Google search brings up other reports of these units completely melting down and releasing acid and leaving a puddle of molten plastic.

These should be recalled before someone's house burns down.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Near house fire

Reason of review:
Unsafe product. Fire hazard!
Preferred solution:
Warn others of this safety concern. Recall
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Cyberpower Cp900Avr
Review category
Gadgets and Accessories
review #591507

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with CyberPowerPC? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
3 of 18 CyberPowerPC reviews

Apr 21, 2016 #1148038

At least you got a fault warning. I have a 1350AVR. My wife was at the desk, when she thought the desk light was smoking. I went to unplug the light, only to find my CP1350 smoking. I powered down all items and unplugged the device.
Doing a search has left me a bit concerned (other issues out there). Had we not been home, we may not have had a home to return to if the device had caught fire.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.