Custom Built Contractors Garage Building Service Review from Newark, New Jersey
I hired Reon Powdhar from Custom built contracting LLC in NJ also doing work and installations for HOME DEPOT for a renovation job in my garage. He seemed professional and was even willing to work with me and my plans. He gave me a price of 7,500 and guaranteed me that it would be complete within 2 weeks. I gave him a deposit to start the job, he came without the quality of materials we discussed and only worked for 3 hours at a time each day and left. He did this for 2 weeks without working weekends. He repeatedly demanded more portions of the total agreed price daily and in cash. Every time I gave Reon another portion he didn't show up for days. He was rude and kept asking for more money to buy materials even though the amount of money I gave him exceeded double the amount of materials he purchased. He also refused to show me any receipts. I called him and texted him repeatedly begging him to please come and finish when he stopped showing up. He still hasn't showed up for 7 days at this point although he sends texts saying he is on his way. He ignores all of my calls and text messages asking to please tell me when he will return to complete the job. I now have given him a total $4,500 and have $1200 worth of materials and a project that's only 25% finished. He has left all his garbage and scrap materials out in my driveway for the entire time, a lot of it just thrown against my garage door. My neighbors have complained repeatedly about the mess. His intention the whole time was to do as little work as possible collect as much money as possible and NOT COME BACK TO COMPLETE THE JOB!! DO NOT HIRE REON OR HIS FRAUDULENT CONTRACTING COMPANY.
NEVER EVER GIVE HIM CASH!! GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!!! IF YOU HIRE A CONTRACTOR FROM HOME DEPOT FOR ANY PROJECT MAKE SURE REON IS NOT DOING THE WORK, HE DOES NOT DO THE JOB HE IS HIRED TO DO, HE USES CHEAP MATERIALS AND GIVES YOU AN ISSUE WHEN YOU WANT SOMETHING YOU SHOULD BE GETTING FOR THE MONEY YOU PAID. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST, UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE, AND TAKES ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE!!!! I DONT WANT HIM TO WALK OFF ANYONE ELSES PAID JOB EVER AGAIN!!! I will be pursuing this this in the fullest extent of the law since Reon is refusing to return to complete my job as more unhappy customers have came forward since I posted about my horrible experience with Reon from custom built contractors.
I'm attaching some photos of the horrible quality cement work he did in my garage.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
You May Also Like
- "One of our room has a pungent odor and so we had a mold inspection done. Lo and behold, there are cracks around where the slab meets the wall. Contacted..."
- "I can't tell you just how devastating it is to invest so much time, money and emotion into building a home only to have it all ripped away simply for..."
- "BOUGHT NEW HOME.HAD TO BUY NEW HEAT PUMP AND AIR-CONDITIONING UNIT AS TO SMALL OF ONE WAS PUT IN. HAVING 21 WINDOWS REPLACED. HAVE HUGE CRACKS IN OUTSIDE STUCCO! MOLD..."
- "I purchased what I thought was a "beautiful" bouquet of flowers for my mother in law as a Mother's Day gift. They arrived today and I was literally heartbroken that..."
- "On August 23rd 2012, I place an order with Comfyco for a sofa and loveseat. The items were delivered on August 29th, 2012. I noticed a defect in..."
- "Recently, the quality of the Double Stuf Oreo has been terrible! The logo imprinted on the cookie is illegible, the cookies separate and crumble in the package, they have..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."
- "I buy clothes at anthropology frequently because the their store in the Yorkville, Toronto is close to my office. Yesterday, I tried a sweater in the fitting room, I asked..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."