Custom Built Contractors Garage Building Service Review from Newark, New Jersey
I hired Reon Powdhar from Custom built contracting LLC in NJ also doing work and installations for HOME DEPOT for a renovation job in my garage. He seemed professional and was even willing to work with me and my plans. He gave me a price of 7,500 and guaranteed me that it would be complete within 2 weeks. I gave him a deposit to start the job, he came without the quality of materials we discussed and only worked for 3 hours at a time each day and left. He did this for 2 weeks without working weekends. He repeatedly demanded more portions of the total agreed price daily and in cash. Every time I gave Reon another portion he didn't show up for days. He was rude and kept asking for more money to buy materials even though the amount of money I gave him exceeded double the amount of materials he purchased. He also refused to show me any receipts. I called him and texted him repeatedly begging him to please come and finish when he stopped showing up. He still hasn't showed up for 7 days at this point although he sends texts saying he is on his way. He ignores all of my calls and text messages asking to please tell me when he will return to complete the job. I now have given him a total $4,500 and have $1200 worth of materials and a project that's only 25% finished. He has left all his garbage and scrap materials out in my driveway for the entire time, a lot of it just thrown against my garage door. My neighbors have complained repeatedly about the mess. His intention the whole time was to do as little work as possible collect as much money as possible and NOT COME BACK TO COMPLETE THE JOB!! DO NOT HIRE REON OR HIS FRAUDULENT CONTRACTING COMPANY.
NEVER EVER GIVE HIM CASH!! GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!!! IF YOU HIRE A CONTRACTOR FROM HOME DEPOT FOR ANY PROJECT MAKE SURE REON IS NOT DOING THE WORK, HE DOES NOT DO THE JOB HE IS HIRED TO DO, HE USES CHEAP MATERIALS AND GIVES YOU AN ISSUE WHEN YOU WANT SOMETHING YOU SHOULD BE GETTING FOR THE MONEY YOU PAID. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST, UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE, AND TAKES ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE!!!! I DONT WANT HIM TO WALK OFF ANYONE ELSES PAID JOB EVER AGAIN!!! I will be pursuing this this in the fullest extent of the law since Reon is refusing to return to complete my job as more unhappy customers have came forward since I posted about my horrible experience with Reon from custom built contractors.
I'm attaching some photos of the horrible quality cement work he did in my garage.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
You May Also Like
- "I am writing this as a review of the work that was conducted on my home last month from Rhino Shield of Jacksonville, Fl. Several months ago, my blood pressure..."
- "Building a house in SC. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. It started from day one. The footing were poured and foundation built wrong and not..."
- "AHP is wonderful at first. The office managed even took me out for beers and to discuss the house. All of that congeniality changed when we actually begin..."
- "You may have seen the ads stream across your social media accounts about some celebrity losing their job because they lost weight (Melissa McCarthy, for example) and all because they..."
- "We ordered a shower finish trim kit from KB kitchen and Bath. It took 3 weeks to get. It took us a little longer to finish to tile in the..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "Do not sign a check for this company unless they can give you 8 successful dealers with names telephone numbers and addresses. This is a company that is not transparent...."
- "My first Bad review EVER!! (Aug. 14)I recently contacted the ltw extensions hair company about a deep wave frontal. I was told there was a deep wave frontal on hand,..."
- "On August 23rd 2012, I place an order with Comfyco for a sofa and loveseat. The items were delivered on August 29th, 2012. I noticed a defect in..."