Custom Built Contractors Garage Building Service Review from Newark, New Jersey
I hired Reon Powdhar from Custom built contracting LLC in NJ also doing work and installations for HOME DEPOT for a renovation job in my garage. He seemed professional and was even willing to work with me and my plans. He gave me a price of 7,500 and guaranteed me that it would be complete within 2 weeks. I gave him a deposit to start the job, he came without the quality of materials we discussed and only worked for 3 hours at a time each day and left. He did this for 2 weeks without working weekends. He repeatedly demanded more portions of the total agreed price daily and in cash. Every time I gave Reon another portion he didn't show up for days. He was rude and kept asking for more money to buy materials even though the amount of money I gave him exceeded double the amount of materials he purchased. He also refused to show me any receipts. I called him and texted him repeatedly begging him to please come and finish when he stopped showing up. He still hasn't showed up for 7 days at this point although he sends texts saying he is on his way. He ignores all of my calls and text messages asking to please tell me when he will return to complete the job. I now have given him a total $4,500 and have $1200 worth of materials and a project that's only 25% finished. He has left all his garbage and scrap materials out in my driveway for the entire time, a lot of it just thrown against my garage door. My neighbors have complained repeatedly about the mess. His intention the whole time was to do as little work as possible collect as much money as possible and NOT COME BACK TO COMPLETE THE JOB!! DO NOT HIRE REON OR HIS FRAUDULENT CONTRACTING COMPANY.
NEVER EVER GIVE HIM CASH!! GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!!! IF YOU HIRE A CONTRACTOR FROM HOME DEPOT FOR ANY PROJECT MAKE SURE REON IS NOT DOING THE WORK, HE DOES NOT DO THE JOB HE IS HIRED TO DO, HE USES CHEAP MATERIALS AND GIVES YOU AN ISSUE WHEN YOU WANT SOMETHING YOU SHOULD BE GETTING FOR THE MONEY YOU PAID. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST, UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE, AND TAKES ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE!!!! I DONT WANT HIM TO WALK OFF ANYONE ELSES PAID JOB EVER AGAIN!!! I will be pursuing this this in the fullest extent of the law since Reon is refusing to return to complete my job as more unhappy customers have came forward since I posted about my horrible experience with Reon from custom built contractors.
I'm attaching some photos of the horrible quality cement work he did in my garage.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
You May Also Like
- "I bought a house at Sonoma on November 2014, it all started off wrong as they rushed our closing stating they wanted to do it before thanksgiving and even tho..."
- "Worst Experience ever.. Do not build with lombardo homes. All it is excuse after excuse, we will tell you what you want to hear to make the buck. We..."
- "After 5 years the structure of the so called QUALITY home is starting to rotten (door frame on back door, design balcony on main entry), questionable roof construction, VERY questionable..."
- "EWR (NJ) direct to POS (Trinidad). The United Club was unfortunate and so was the outdated 737-800 (UA1505) that took us to our Christmas vacation. Save your money folks, and..."
- "I am having a BIG issue with Vivint and at this point will NOT recommend anyone use them, I had it install on Aug 9th and I said yes to..."
- "Do not order. Received stained clothing and they told me to wash it and that if I returned it I would only get 60 percent back. These people are criminals...."
- " Disgusted with this company. I'd just set up my own Ltd company, and being completely naive and trusting, I was told by a rather smug *** scammer known as..."
- "I "purchased" a camera from a 2016 Black Friday special; Nikon d3400 for $349. Great price but not so great that it seemed unreal. It took several days just to..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."