Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Aug 17, 2021

My crypto account was hacked while I was asleep. The following morning I saw emails back and forth between someone impersonating me and RobinHood, PayPal, Venmo, and cash app.

The person impersonating me was stating how they had new phone number and email and needed to update the account info. Luckily there were security measures put in place with those mentioned companies such as uploading pictures of myself and verifying other personal information so they werent able to gain access to those accounts. However, I saw no emails for my crypto account but I went ahead and checked anyways and sure enough I was locked out of my own account. After contacting customer service and going between three or four different representatives I was able to verify my account information was changed over to the same exact email address and phone number the person impersonating me tried to give RobinHood and those other accounts.

After a couple of days I finally got crypto to freeze my account but by then it was too late and the hacker completely withdrew all my funds. When I asked crypto about getting the money back and how the person was so easily able to gain access to my account they replied that wont be possible and I don't know. When I asked if I could speak to a supervisor they told me that would not be possible either.

I wrote back saying I dont know and that wont be possible arent acceptable answers. Id like to know how this happened and what is being done to prevent it from happening again, they stopped replying back to me!

User's recommendation: Don’t use crypto! there’s no security measures put in place to prevent your account from being hacked and if it is they pretty much tell you to bad.

Crypto Com Cons: No security measures anyone can go in and withdraw your money.

Comments