Additional Fees

Do Not Book with Cruises Only, they will rip you off. I called them last July to book a 7 night Royal Caribbean cruise leaving out of San Juan, January 6th, 2018.

When I spoke with Anthony from CruisesOnly I told him we wanted a outside cabin, trip insurance and to prepay all gratuities ahead of time. We would purchase our plane tickets separately. He quoted me a price of $2288.49 and that we would need to be paid in full by Sept 28th. A month later I had a question about changing our dining time and called Anthony, who by the way never returned my call.

The last day of our cruise when I went to settle our account I was informed that Royal Caribbean had no record of our prepayment of the gratuities through CruisesOnly and the we owed $189 plus $14 for the Jan 1st price increase. I explained we prepaid the $189 and only owed the $14 for gratuities. Royal Caribbean called CruisesOnly but because the "agents" are independent contractors the girl trying to help could not access Anthony's files. Anthony was off the next 2 days, so we did not get this resolved before leaving.

CruisesOnly said they would leave Anthony a message to call me. He never did. I called him and left a message with no response. I finally emailed him and he said he would call me but instead told me that "he must have forgot" to add the prepaid gratuities into my cost and that "the best he could do was give me a $50 credit towards my next cruise".

So we overpaid for our cruise and in return got horrible customer service. Do yourself a favor and book directly with your cruise line.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cruisesonly 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise Booking.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Booking through the cruise line is always more money. Cruise agencies can give you better perks that you can combine with R.C.

Crown and Anchor perks too. We did a cruise on the new Harmony with friends and got no perks at all from R.C.