New York, New York

Further to our unsatisfactory experience reviewed on August 12th, we were forced to deliver the RV to the CA "New York City" depot, which is actually in Roslyn, Long Island.

There are no RV parks on Long Island (aside from very small dry camping ones in City Parks, which were fully booked) - therefore the closest is in New Jersey City. Cruise America rules state that you may not drive in Manhattan. Regulations prevent RVs with propane going through tunnels and because of height restrictions you are not allowed on Parkways. Go figure how to get to and through Long Island without being able to use any of these conduits!

When we finally reached their depot, having cleaned the RV and started our nightmare journey at 11am, it was closed. The stated business hours of the office are 8-5 but at 4.30pm it was closed! We called the awful Cruise America helpline to ask what to do and they said we would have to come back the next day at 9am!

While we were waiting for Cruise America to tell us what to do we took some photos of the depot. The place looked as if no one had been there for weeks. There were piles of dustbin bags full of Cruise America bedding right beside mops and cleaning materials. It was disgusting.

I liked: Good design of rv interior and cupboards.

I didn't like: Customer services representatives were mostly rude and unhelpful, Poor quality and unhygienic bedding supplied, Attitude of workers, Ride.

1.5
Additional Services
Additional Fees
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution I would like Cruise America to acknowledge my complaint and assure me that something will be done to address their appalling customer helpline, and close their Roslyn office - and cease to describe it to customers as their "New York City" depot.

Had an Experience with Cruise America?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.