I had an appointment for my beagle "Pete" at Cross Country Veterinary Hospital Thursday June 21 2012 at 6:15PM.I arrived at 6PM.

I left "Pete" in my truck with my Wife, and told them I'd bring him in when they were ready to examine him. At 6:50 they went to my truck, with a syringe and put him to sleep, without an exam, and without consent from me or my wife. They just grabbed my dog, and stuck a needle in him without even telling my wife what they were doing. I was waiting inside in the waiting room, but when I saw them go to my truck I immediately went out there, but they had already gave Pete the lethal shot.

I'm still in shock. I suppose since they close at 7 they were in a hurry to get home.

My recommendation is STAY AWAY FROM CROSS COUNTRY VETERINARY HOSPITAL.THEY INTENTIONALLY KILLED MY DOG, WITHOUT MY CONSENT, AND WITHOUT FIRST EXAMINING HIM

Review about: Veterinarian.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Cross Country Veterinary Hospital?

Comments

moretothestory

I feel for your loss but can't help but think there is more to the story here.Did you schedule a euthanasia?

Did you fill out euthanasia forms when you went in to the waiting room? Euthanasia is not quick or simple... it takes several minutes.

Why did your wife not speak up?There is something missing from this version of the truth.

Lori

I get u!!!My vet put my Chihuahua under anesthisia and with a Chi you should only sedate them.

She was on pain med and Ace for anxiety...so she was already sedated...well....she never woke up. I want to die inside and beat myself up every day, I told the vet I was hesitant to put her under for a biopsy...just as he walked out to tell me the biopsy was normal...I hear the word...Peanut is not breathing....come to find out my vet has a vicodin addiction and shut his business down two weeks later.

How...why?I went from joy to insanity in an instant...to lose a dog that should still be alive...I know how u feel and my heart aches deeply for u.

It must be hard.

First of I just wanted to say sorry for your lost.I read this 3 times and still couldn't believe it.

I hope that you sued them or something, because they can't get away with this.

I get it they were going to close soon and they were probably all tired, but that doesn't give them the excuse to take a life regardless if it was human or dog.:sigh Wish you and your wife all the best.