Cornerstone Mortgage Group - Stay away! Complete fraudsters.

1 of 1 Cornerstone Mortgage Group reviews

I worked with their San Diego location to obtain a loan for a $500k condo in early 2015.Everything seemed too good to be true so I took my wife's advice and we had our Wellsfargo rep review the HUD they provided, and sure enough they had close to $4200 of fees hidden in there.

Had it been advertised as a 1 point loan fee I would have understood, but the program was supposed to be a no fee program. So I called my rep Sean Cahan and he tried to dance around with some BS excuses. I finally had to hangup the phone as I felt every word was another nonsense that just tried to cover their path.

I am glad I caught them before it was too late.Going to report them to appropriate departments.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Cornerstone Mortgage Group Home Loan
Review category
Loans and Mortgages
review #739601

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Cornerstone Mortgage Group? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 Cornerstone Mortgage Group reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 23 #1188878 Abilene, Texas, United States

I am so sorry this took place . I am not sure who the borrower is or the situation but will do whatever I can to rectify any miscommunication. I have not charged a borrower 1 point in years other than a portfolio loan and this is advertised as such. I will always offer the best rate and product that Cornerstone has to offer and pride myself on looking out for the borrowers best interest. I would love the opportunity to reconnect and go over the numbers or LE that was provided so I can see where the miscommunication was.

0 0 Reply

Nov 26, 2015 #1069843 Woodbridge, New Jersey, United States

Haha! You say you "caught" them? Umm, no. Your wife did. It'd be wise to defer any and all financial decisions to her, as it's clear you'd fall for anything.

0 0 Reply

Nov 26, 2015 #1069800

Hopefully you're now one step closer to understanding that being cheap will never pay you dividends... Seriously, this is why scammers are thriving; there's never a shortage of people willing to jump on anything as long as it's absurdly cheap. You're fortunate that your better half intervened with a dose of logic and reason....

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.