Cornerstone Mortgage Group - Stay away! Complete fraudsters.
I worked with their San Diego location to obtain a loan for a $500k condo in early 2015.Everything seemed too good to be true so I took my wife's advice and we had our Wellsfargo rep review the HUD they provided, and sure enough they had close to $4200 of fees hidden in there.
Had it been advertised as a 1 point loan fee I would have understood, but the program was supposed to be a no fee program. So I called my rep Sean Cahan and he tried to dance around with some BS excuses. I finally had to hangup the phone as I felt every word was another nonsense that just tried to cover their path.
I am glad I caught them before it was too late.Going to report them to appropriate departments.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cornerstone Mortgage Group Home Loan
- Review category
- Loans and Mortgages
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I reviewed on here last year after I closed(March 2015)... but I feel this organization is easily worth writing another review for. First I will start with the numbers of..."
- "Have a loan with BCU, could not make 2 month payment. The bank (so I thought) started the modification process. While submitting the required documents started to receive..."
- "This supposed to increased my Credit score, not the opposite. They reported me to the creditors, to 90 days been late, no only been late not once, but three times,..."
- "I had the same problem. It started when I received an email from Walmart saying my account information had been updated on November 15, 2016. (Photo attached) Problem was I..."
- "Delivery guys ruined my new carpet by dragging furniture along the steps. Company won't pay for damages. Shame on them. I have before and after pictures plus receipts for newly..."
- "Samsung Smartcam wifi cam model SNH1011N JUNK! Bought from Costco. Package and inserts state 30 minute setup, but after 2 hours this is what happened: Quicksetup guide..."
- "I purchased an UP3 and about 3 months later, the band is already breaking. I emailed Jawbone support about the issue and wanted to understand why it would break so..."
- "I was with my mother, grandmother, and grandfather in the disabled line, my grandmother is lame and incontinent and my grandfather can't walk down slopes. The line for people with..."
- "After seeing that a Cheryl B. from my small hometown had viewed a quote sent for pet photography I was able to see her last name. Curious, I have been..."