Corner Rock - Misleading job posting - actually door to door sales. Worked 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, never got paid. Empty promises and cult-like techniques. Recruitment scam!
Update added by user May 18, 2014
EDIT 2014: Global Net has now changed their name to Kreative Client Solutions. They are still associated with the same company: Blue Ocean Outsource Ltd. Company Reg no: 08437993, and trade under the address: Kreative Client Solutions, Angel House, 3rd Floor, 225 Marsh Wall, South Quay, London, E14 9FW
Original review posted by user Nov 06, 2013
If you're job searching, Entry level jobs for "Direct Marketing" and "Outsourced Marketing" companies are scams.
I got scammed into one - I worked for 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, and got into debt.
Here's the deal: you see a job ad on a recruitment site, promising £15k-£20k salary, no experience required, full training included, for a “Direct Marketing” or “Outsourced Marketing” company.
They ask you to wear comfy shoes for the second interview. That's because you'll be doing an unpaid day of the actual job.
Door to door sales.
I was associated with Corner Rock Ltd, Unit 8, Cumbrian House, 217 Marsh Wall, Poplar, London E14 9FJ. Also associated are companies Blue Ocean Outsource Ltd (which trades under the name Global Net) as well as Rainbow Mark Limited.
The company gets client money whenever we got someone signed on for a boiler replacement. There's also plenty of other services, products and charity direct debits that get sold door to door.
We get paid purely on commission, and have to pay for travel and all other expenses. Most get screwed over as part of your commission is kept forever in a 'Security Bond'. The carrot on a stick? Promise of a high salary in 6-12 months when you become a manager/owner. Except less than 1% make it that far, and even if you do, the 'business' you manage will most likely fail in the first year.
All these companies are affiliated with a DS-Max Company (Innovage, The Cobra Group, Cydcor, The Smart Circle etc). They 'train' people up to own a limited company that does the same thing; though these are really just sales offices. This means the puppeteers don't get blamed for anything these offices do, and since salesmen are 'self employed' there's no liability on that front either. Plus, these companies frequently change their names, making it difficult to uncover the bad press.
I found thousands of accounts all over the world of those who got sucked in using their cult-like techniques; designed to get as much free labour as possible out of you. So a heads up to all you job seekers out there. We have enough to worry about.
TLDR: An entry level job, with full training included, for a “Direct Marketing” or “Outsource Marketing” company - is a scam. It's door to door sales.
Sources: Full list here: doortodoortruth.wordpress.com/references
Name and shame any companies you've come across here: doortodoortruth.wordpress.com/companies
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Job Offer
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Jason Brouwer (President) and his siding/roofing company, "The Gopher Company Inc." were summonsed to appear in Hennepin County's Fourth Judicial District Court for neglectful subcontracting of our Albertville home replacement..."
- "This is the most amazing place we have ever been they are the coolest venue in clermont they have a display pool and do full service construstion for pools and..."
- "I signed up my company FASTAXI with Cartvertising in Sept 2014 for 20% of the back facing ads and 100% of the front facing on 400 carts. I made..."
- "Please DO NOT buy anything from this deceitful company. They also have art dealers on the cruise ships who will force their way to charm you into buying their worthless..."
- "Samsung S3 purchased June 2012. Motherboard failed 21st December 2012. Took to repair station, who said they couldn't repair and sent to Samsung. Eventually returned on 10th January 2013. Noticed..."
- "I booked an appointment with 'Total Car Recovery' to have my car towed on Weds 26th Sept. The deadline for the job to be completed was 11am, so they gave..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."
- "We had purchased a bookcase in August 2016 from The Mallery Hall Collection company. We really liked the design of that bookcase, and we were hoping that this would be..."
- "We ordered these headsets in the hopes they would allow our polo team's coach to guide players during practice games. We were looking for the same system used by NFL..."