London, England

Update by user May 18, 2014

EDIT 2014: Global Net has now changed their name to Kreative Client Solutions. They are still associated with the same company: Blue Ocean Outsource Ltd. Company Reg no: 08437993, and trade under the address: Kreative Client Solutions, Angel House, 3rd Floor, 225 Marsh Wall, South Quay, London, E14 9FW

Original review posted by user Nov 06, 2013

If you're job searching, Entry level jobs for "Direct Marketing" and "Outsourced Marketing" companies are scams.

I got scammed into one - I worked for 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, and got into debt.

Here's the deal: you see a job ad on a recruitment site, promising £15k-£20k salary, no experience required, full training included, for a “Direct Marketing” or “Outsourced Marketing” company.

They ask you to wear comfy shoes for the second interview. That's because you'll be doing an unpaid day of the actual job.

Door to door sales.

I was associated with Corner Rock Ltd, Unit 8, Cumbrian House, 217 Marsh Wall, Poplar, London E14 9FJ. Also associated are companies Blue Ocean Outsource Ltd (which trades under the name Global Net) as well as Rainbow Mark Limited.

The company gets client money whenever we got someone signed on for a boiler replacement. There's also plenty of other services, products and charity direct debits that get sold door to door.

We get paid purely on commission, and have to pay for travel and all other expenses. Most get screwed over as part of your commission is kept forever in a 'Security Bond'. The carrot on a stick? Promise of a high salary in 6-12 months when you become a manager/owner. Except less than 1% make it that far, and even if you do, the 'business' you manage will most likely fail in the first year.

All these companies are affiliated with a DS-Max Company (Innovage, The Cobra Group, Cydcor, The Smart Circle etc). They 'train' people up to own a limited company that does the same thing; though these are really just sales offices. This means the puppeteers don't get blamed for anything these offices do, and since salesmen are 'self employed' there's no liability on that front either. Plus, these companies frequently change their names, making it difficult to uncover the bad press.

I found thousands of accounts all over the world of those who got sucked in using their cult-like techniques; designed to get as much free labour as possible out of you. So a heads up to all you job seekers out there. We have enough to worry about.

TLDR: An entry level job, with full training included, for a “Direct Marketing” or “Outsource Marketing” company - is a scam. It's door to door sales.

Sources: Full list here: doortodoortruth.wordpress.com/references

Name and shame any companies you've come across here: doortodoortruth.wordpress.com/companies

Review about: Job Offer.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Corner Rock?

Submit review

Comments

Sounds like a typical experience with these sort of door-to-door, 100% commission only, companies. You are lured in with a misleading job description, straight up LIES about pay/benefits/job duties/hours, etc. People, if you are a talented salesperson and want to be in sales, save your talents for a reputable employer who treats you fairly and honestly.

yoyo

coner rock Is an amazing job I've worked here for 3months got my promotion and now building my team I get whatever money I make if you think this is a scam find out the definition of the word this is not a scam we just offer an oppertunity not everybody wants to be sucsesful in life but us in coner do so yeah it's an amazing enviornment and an amazing career life change