Homestead, Florida
100% full Not resolved

I'm writing this after I have just purchased a nightmare.I bought a 2004 Nissan Murano from copart.com in Homestead, FL.

(Miami area). The auction website states that the car runs and drives and has normal wear. After I won the auction, I went to see the car and was horrified. I wanted to cancel my bid since the seller's reserve was not met and then was sent a counteroffer for a higher price that I did not accept.

I talked with the manager, Michael Santos, and asked how this was normal wear. The paint job on the car was oxidized all over. All of the electrical parts on the inside were messed up. The a/c was missing parts and did not work.

The leather interior had holes and the leather wheel was torn and missing parts too. The manager told me I had to keep the car, but I had no idea I was in for the real surprise when I took it to the mechanic. The transmission and suspension were messed up and would cost more than the car is worth. They gave me an estimate that the car would cost $4000 to repair only the transmission.

I would still have to pay more to fix the ac and the rest of the problems. I tried to call Michael and he hung up on me every time I was transferred to him. Now, I'm trying to get my money back or put back on auction so I can get some of my money back. I'm so disappointed in this company.

They don't disclose all the information in their descriptions on the auctions. I've been looking at cars at this auction for 45 days and they don't disclose any problems.

Be prepared to pay more than the car is worth and have numerous repairs to make.I don't recommend this place at all.

Review about: 2004 Nissan Murano Lot 30446856.

I liked: Variety of vehicles.

I didn't like: Blow you off dont address the issue, Fees to high now, Dishonest, Poor inspection of vehicles.

Insurance Quality
Interest Rate
PRODUCT OR SERVICE 2004 Nissan Murano Car
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / $2300
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Copart Auto Auction?

Comments

CopartMemberSolutions

Hi, richelimurari.

We take these matters very seriously at Copart, and want to ensure that all concerns are properly addressed.Please remember that the vehicle you purchased is a salvage vehicle, and as detailed in our member terms and conditions, every lot listed for auction is advertised and listed AS IS.

Please review our member terms for more details by clicking here.

Although Copart provides 10 high-quality images and descriptions for each vehicle, we encourage buyers to come out to our physical locations to preview the vehicles prior to the auction date. Prior to visiting a physical location, you should contact the location to determine the hours viewing is available. If you are unable to visit a Copart location in person, there is a list of third-party inspection service professionals available for use on our website to ensure that all Copart Members are making an informed buying decision.

You can also learn more about the Copart buying process, and how you can ensure you are best informed by visiting Copart.com/faq or Copart.com/educate

Thank you for your business.

ransom

Let this be a lesson folks,

Don't buy a car you haven't seen in person.

Boynton Beach, Florida, United States #1211776

EVERYONE KNOWS YOU DON'T BUY CARS FROM MIAMI, ESPECIALLY HIALEAH, ALL CARS ARE SALVAGE, THEY DON'T CARE IF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY CRASH AND DIE

Emeryville, California, United States #1211368

It appears that the car may ignite at any moment. Your comprehensive coverage covers that loss, less a deductible.