Verified Reviewer

I have been a licensed contractor for many years now and never have I not paid my license fees on time. However, this year i didnt receive a renewal form in the mail, email or even a phone call and I should mention that I have been very sick with COVID-19 so I quite honeslty wasnt looking for a renewal and as usual have always figured that It will arrive when it's time.

Anyway, I finally realized a couple before weeks that the time was getting close and I had not received anything so I sent a letter explaining that I hadn't received anything and that I have been sick along with a renewal check of $450.00

It's been a couple of weeks and I have just received a letter now telling me that my license has expired and that it will now cost me an additional $225.00 for a total of $675.00 to renew said license and yes that's a 50% penalty for something that is their fault but what could I do and on top of this all there was an additional charge of over $20 for the CC transaction.

Quite frankly, this is criminal by a state run entity and I couldn't even get in touch with a representative over the phone to eplain my plight.

User's recommendation: I have no idea what t say about this to anyone else as I'm sure that I'm not alone and in a time where work has been almost stopped because of COVID-19.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Contractors State License Board Pros: Very few.

Contractors State License Board Cons: Have done nothing for me but over charge.

Comments

Leave you having Covid out of it. Useless info.

I also have a state license and am well aware to renew online early. Don’t use Covid and the mail as an excuse.

@PissedConsumer2102696