Continental Tire - Worst Tire Manufacturer that I have ever come into contact with

18 of 54 Continental Tire reviews

My wife purchased a 2012 Buick Verano which came with what looked like a new set of Continental ContiProContact tires sized 235/45/R18.In less than one week as I cleaned up the car for the first time and was putting tire shine on the tires I noticed that the front and rear passenger tires had began to separate and had a noticeable gash right above the rim.

I inspected all 4 and noticed that the drivers side tire was beginning to have the same problem. I have been a Michelin tire owner for over 35 years and I have never seen a tire separate in this way, in the past whenever my Michelins had a problem i.e.: a broken belt I simply took it back to a Michelin dealer who checked the tread wear and either replaced the tire for free or replaced it at a prorated cost.

So I called Continental tire and was very disappointed to learn that they wanted me to purchase a new set of these tires at close to $1,000.00 and then send them into the company and after inspecting the tires they would either prorate them, give me a new set or as I have learned from previous buyers; give me nothing at all and I would be stuck with the same company and the same tire that I have absolutely no trust in.So I decided to put a new set of tires on the car instead of dealing with a company with this type of policy

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • I would have had to purchase another set of continental tires
    • Poor quality
    • Tires were defective

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Continental Contiprocontact Tires
Review category
Equipment
review #761812

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Continental Tire? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
18 of 54 Continental Tire reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Continental Tire.
Filing a new complaint about
×