Continental Spices And Halal Meat - Expired and Substandard Quality-Continental Spices and Halal

1 of 1 Continental Spices And Halal Meat reviews

This place is absolutely a health hazard.On the 15th of May, I bought several items from this store.

First of all, most snack items (chaklis, sev, pickle etc.) are expired.We saw with sell by dates of 2012. I see that other people have reported the same in YELP previously. Obviously, the owners are not taking the complaints seriously. They also use tape to remove the dates.

I avoided these and bought rice, lentils, and a host of other dry goods. But the rice had vermin in it. The rice has vermin (black and white creeping small worms-it smells musty) in it. A powdered spice mix pack is absolutely caked and has a musty smell.

Even the lentils are slightly damp and musty. The snack smells rancid. In light of this, we had to trash all the food items. When we complained to the shop, they replied that we should bring it back.

I live around 4 hours from Seattle and it is not possible for me to make a trip just to return the items.Very unethical behavior from the merchant!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Cavalier attitude to health and safety

Reason of review:
Groceries
Review category
Food Stores
review #888917

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Continental Spices And Halal Meat? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 Continental Spices And Halal Meat reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.