Continental Spices And Halal Meat - Expired and Substandard Quality-Continental Spices and Halal
This place is absolutely a health hazard.On the 15th of May, I bought several items from this store.
First of all, most snack items (chaklis, sev, pickle etc.) are expired.We saw with sell by dates of 2012. I see that other people have reported the same in YELP previously. Obviously, the owners are not taking the complaints seriously. They also use tape to remove the dates.
I avoided these and bought rice, lentils, and a host of other dry goods. But the rice had vermin in it. The rice has vermin (black and white creeping small worms-it smells musty) in it. A powdered spice mix pack is absolutely caked and has a musty smell.
Even the lentils are slightly damp and musty. The snack smells rancid. In light of this, we had to trash all the food items. When we complained to the shop, they replied that we should bring it back.
I live around 4 hours from Seattle and it is not possible for me to make a trip just to return the items.Very unethical behavior from the merchant!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Cavalier attitude to health and safety
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I should have figured something like this would happen at this Kroger. I ordered a cake with my son who turned 13. He wanted a tropical theme with water/ocean and..."
- "I was shocked when I bought two of the Publix brand yogurt last week. They were on sale and I love blackberries, and the picture got my attention. I said..."
- "I just left the store located in King of Prussia for the second time this evening 8/25/2016!! I purchased chicken from the store. Once arriving home my wife and I..."
- "Found speaker boombox from Zapals. Good sound quality, soothing color with LED light, this Bluetooth speaker has not one, but two loudspeaker units built inside its body, providing you with..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "Bought a brand new generator tested it and the engine ran fine unfortunately I didn't think to check power output. When the latest storms hit my area I found the..."
- "I have tried contacting Sandy to find out WHY my daughter was accepted by phone and received her packet in the mail and a couple days later received this letter..."
- "I purchased an ALEKO trolling motor for my 12' boat. So far, it has performed well without any problem. Just one issue: They advertise on Amazon that..."
- "I own a 1992 Nissan Maxima, had it since 1992. Five here ago, I returned home after after six month. The car was stored in my garage. It would not..."