Contact Net - Fradulent advertising of $17.95/mth for 100G/mth aoth $100 installation fee

3 of 3 Contact Net reviews

I have signed up for the service after checking number avalability, submitting my credit card info, address and plan signed up for.

They came back to me telling me this service is only available in Ontario & that the company name is actually AEI in Quebec. This is not what I signed up for.

They will not honor there website or price.

They tell me this plan is not available in Quebec YET it was clear the Quebec phone number I checked for availability passed & the billing passed with my Quebec address & postal code. This company is clearly fradulent is their advertising & will not offer me the service after sending me a confirmation email of the billing that passed.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
3 of 3 Contact Net reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Observant

Oct 03, 2013 #724887 Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Um... The pink ON in the word contact didn't tip you off?

michelle k

Aug 23, 2013 #705371 Laval, Quebec, Canada

i have also tried to get this service in laval, but the availability checker only allows ontario addresses and in the billing page it only has "ontario" as an option in the "province" drop down. I highly doubt that they charged you, because after i tried to order and got my confirmation, i was called by a rep and he told me that they do not offer service in Quebec and that no money would be taken from my account.

after a little research i was able to find out that quebec has different prices/taxes on DSL products, so either way you would not have been able to get it at that price.

another_pissed_customer

May 24, 2013 #655701 Orleans, Ontario, Canada

I tried to sign up and the $100 install fee is mentioned at the very end. Nothing in the terms and conditions and no mention of the $100 install fee upfront. Typical bait and switch tactics.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.