Conns - Deceptive sales practice

302 of 526 Conns reviews

I went in to Conn's in Dallas,TX, the Wheatland location. I purchased a laptop and a 75 inch Samsung Smart Tv. I told the Sales person, I wanted the tv with voice control and motion control. He assured me the 6350 series tv was what I needed, and sold me extra accessories to ensure the tv worked as I wanted. His exact words were I would need a sound bar and the HDMI package for the tv to work as desired, so I purchased all of these things. Once I got the tv home and set everything up, of course the motion and voice control options do not work. As I read over the manual it says I need a separate camera for motion control and no option for voice control.

I call the store for them to tell me I need a special remote for these features to work and it is a separate accessory. So I asked why I wasn't told about that when I was told about all the other options as far as accessories, when I SPECIFICALLY asked about these tv options.

I was told to call corporate, because they could not help me. Once I called corporate I was given the run around for hours, to only be told I need to be the remote and it's not their issue. So I said, I would return the things I bought because I was sold them under false pretenses, and then I was informed I would still have to pay the restocking fee.

I spent over $4,500.00 with them for warranties and products I purchased.

Did they offer to give me the remote for their deceptive practices? NO!

Why should I have to pay to return something, that was sold to me with LIES??!?!?!

On top of this, I had previously bought things from Conns with no problem, I was telling friends about them, now I will deter anyone I know from buying from this company.

I am in total disbelief.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Provide me with the remote or take everything back with no fees.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Samsung Smart Tv
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #560534

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Conns? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 4 No 4
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
302 of 526 Conns reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Conns.
Filing a new complaint about
×