Concrete Building Solutions - FRAUD - Failure to REFUND money for no work done
1. On 11/4, CBS Engineering subcontractor emails informal documentation pertaining to wall thickness and rebar schedule & promised stamped plans by COB on following monday.(11/8)
2. On 11/4, Mr Owings demanded certified funds to place order from manufacturer for foam blocks. This inconvenient request took time from my place of work as I had to make special trip to bank to draw certified check. On 11/5 I met Mr. Owings in Charlotte w. said check.
3. Upon receipt of certified funds, Mr Owings promised prompt same day order (11/5)
4. I contacted Mr Owings on 11/9 and expressed my sincere concern that CBS engineering subcontractor *still* had not provided stamped plans. Mr Owings assured me he would take care of delay.
5. On 11/10 I contacted Manufacturer, FoxBlocks to see what was really going on. FoxBlocks stated all forms were in inventory; there was no need for any custom manufacturing. Manufacturer stated all delay was due to:
i) a CBS shipping cost negotiation issue
ii) CBS failure to fund order
iii)CBS tardiness in placing funded order.
When I discovered this lack of transparency and integrity on the part of CBS, and after all the delays leading up to this point, I called confronted Mrs Owings.
Upon confronting Mrs Owings, she became hostile assuredly due to fact that she was caught in a lie.
There was simply no way to continue relationship with CBS - placement of Foxblocks product required further customer service beyond just the delivery of product - expertise and experience that neither myself or my general contractor had which was due to be provided by CBS, post delivery of the forms.
Due to Mrs. Owings hostility and willingness to destroy any civil relationship, Mr & Mrs Owings lack of integrity, and all the delays up to this point, I decided to cancel order and seek alternatives. CBS simply could not be trusted to do the foundation work they were originally contracted to perform.
The facts of the matter are:
a) Requested stamped plans delayed for well over a month.
b) No stamped plans were ever delivered when promised.
c) No funded order was placed when promised.
d) No product was ever delivered
e) Original plans were not been returned
The broken promises by CBS and their sub-contractors combined with substantial delays is sufficient cause for termination of contract.
****Since the cancellation date of 11/10/2010, all work has been completed by different vendor.****
CBS currently owes me full refund, my original plans PLUS a formal apology for delaying our home construction project.
Lastly, this issue has been turned over to my attorney.
CBS will remit to Attorney Maxwell's Charlotte office:
* $9000 in certified funds
* a formal apology
* the original plan documentation
Failure to do so will result in litigation.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "We have foundation problems inside and out. Electrical problems. Plumbing problems. Leaks. Had to replace AC unit b/c they put one 1 ton too small for our size home which..."
- "Worst Experience ever.. Do not build with lombardo homes. All it is excuse after excuse, we will tell you what you want to hear to make the buck. We..."
- "I am writing this as a review of the work that was conducted on my home last month from Rhino Shield of Jacksonville, Fl. Several months ago, my blood pressure..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "My Name is Maryann I am a real person. I am hear to defend Johnny The Healer! After seeing these horrible lies about Johnny the Healer i had to..."
- "I ordered a miu miu shoes online, they came the wrong size so I went to the store itself to exchange them...they did not have them in their inventory. So..."
- "We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft exterior doors. We have installed many doors and have never had leakage issues until these 2 doors. First large rain they leaked..."
- "well i,m disable an i was post to get a raise on my social security an my ssi but all i got was a Dollar an a penny raise so..."