Concrete Building Solutions - FRAUD - Failure to REFUND money for no work done
1. On 11/4, CBS Engineering subcontractor emails informal documentation pertaining to wall thickness and rebar schedule & promised stamped plans by COB on following monday.(11/8)
2. On 11/4, Mr Owings demanded certified funds to place order from manufacturer for foam blocks. This inconvenient request took time from my place of work as I had to make special trip to bank to draw certified check. On 11/5 I met Mr. Owings in Charlotte w. said check.
3. Upon receipt of certified funds, Mr Owings promised prompt same day order (11/5)
4. I contacted Mr Owings on 11/9 and expressed my sincere concern that CBS engineering subcontractor *still* had not provided stamped plans. Mr Owings assured me he would take care of delay.
5. On 11/10 I contacted Manufacturer, FoxBlocks to see what was really going on. FoxBlocks stated all forms were in inventory; there was no need for any custom manufacturing. Manufacturer stated all delay was due to:
i) a CBS shipping cost negotiation issue
ii) CBS failure to fund order
iii)CBS tardiness in placing funded order.
When I discovered this lack of transparency and integrity on the part of CBS, and after all the delays leading up to this point, I called confronted Mrs Owings.
Upon confronting Mrs Owings, she became hostile assuredly due to fact that she was caught in a lie.
There was simply no way to continue relationship with CBS - placement of Foxblocks product required further customer service beyond just the delivery of product - expertise and experience that neither myself or my general contractor had which was due to be provided by CBS, post delivery of the forms.
Due to Mrs. Owings hostility and willingness to destroy any civil relationship, Mr & Mrs Owings lack of integrity, and all the delays up to this point, I decided to cancel order and seek alternatives. CBS simply could not be trusted to do the foundation work they were originally contracted to perform.
The facts of the matter are:
a) Requested stamped plans delayed for well over a month.
b) No stamped plans were ever delivered when promised.
c) No funded order was placed when promised.
d) No product was ever delivered
e) Original plans were not been returned
The broken promises by CBS and their sub-contractors combined with substantial delays is sufficient cause for termination of contract.
****Since the cancellation date of 11/10/2010, all work has been completed by different vendor.****
CBS currently owes me full refund, my original plans PLUS a formal apology for delaying our home construction project.
Lastly, this issue has been turned over to my attorney.
CBS will remit to Attorney Maxwell's Charlotte office:
* $9000 in certified funds
* a formal apology
* the original plan documentation
Failure to do so will result in litigation.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "We have foundation problems inside and out. Electrical problems. Plumbing problems. Leaks. Had to replace AC unit b/c they put one 1 ton too small for our size home which..."
- "First of all, I really hated the mass scheduling of potential homeowners where you seated with a sales person who discusses your credit and financial information right out in the..."
- "My Adams Homes StoryMy Defective Adams Home Story. Three years ago September of 2006 my family purchased a 3000 square foot home from Adams Homes of North East Florida. This..."
- "My Name is Maryann I am a real person. I am hear to defend Johnny The Healer! After seeing these horrible lies about Johnny the Healer i had to..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "Harry and David has gone down hill and I will never order from them again. I recently d a box of "Royal Riviera Pears". These are NOT the Royal Riviera..."
- "I ordered a beautiful arrangement with a stand and a banner, I paid $108.92. What I received was wilted flowers, no banner and then when I called to complain, Avas..."
- "I would like to know where the Great Value eggs are supplied from. I'm guessing it is somewhere with either genetically modified chickens, or where policies are not closely maintained...."