Washington, New Jersey

1. On 11/4, CBS Engineering subcontractor emails informal documentation pertaining to wall thickness and rebar schedule & promised stamped plans by COB on following monday.(11/8)

2. On 11/4, Mr Owings demanded certified funds to place order from manufacturer for foam blocks. This inconvenient request took time from my place of work as I had to make special trip to bank to draw certified check. On 11/5 I met Mr. Owings in Charlotte w. said check.

3. Upon receipt of certified funds, Mr Owings promised prompt same day order (11/5)

4. I contacted Mr Owings on 11/9 and expressed my sincere concern that CBS engineering subcontractor *still* had not provided stamped plans. Mr Owings assured me he would take care of delay.

5. On 11/10 I contacted Manufacturer, FoxBlocks to see what was really going on. FoxBlocks stated all forms were in inventory; there was no need for any custom manufacturing. Manufacturer stated all delay was due to:

i) a CBS shipping cost negotiation issue

ii) CBS failure to fund order

iii)CBS tardiness in placing funded order.

When I discovered this lack of transparency and integrity on the part of CBS, and after all the delays leading up to this point, I called confronted Mrs Owings.

Upon confronting Mrs Owings, she became hostile assuredly due to fact that she was caught in a lie.

There was simply no way to continue relationship with CBS - placement of Foxblocks product required further customer service beyond just the delivery of product - expertise and experience that neither myself or my general contractor had which was due to be provided by CBS, post delivery of the forms.

Due to Mrs. Owings hostility and willingness to destroy any civil relationship, Mr & Mrs Owings lack of integrity, and all the delays up to this point, I decided to cancel order and seek alternatives. CBS simply could not be trusted to do the foundation work they were originally contracted to perform.

The facts of the matter are:

a) Requested stamped plans delayed for well over a month.

b) No stamped plans were ever delivered when promised.

c) No funded order was placed when promised.

d) No product was ever delivered

e) Original plans were not been returned

The broken promises by CBS and their sub-contractors combined with substantial delays is sufficient cause for termination of contract.

****Since the cancellation date of 11/10/2010, all work has been completed by different vendor.****

CBS currently owes me full refund, my original plans PLUS a formal apology for delaying our home construction project.

Lastly, this issue has been turned over to my attorney.

CBS will remit to Attorney Maxwell's Charlotte office:

* $9000 in certified funds

* a formal apology

* the original plan documentation

Failure to do so will result in litigation.

Review about: Foxblocks.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $9000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Concrete Building Solutions?

Comments

toucanpam

I heard alot of negative things about this company and decided to go with someone else for our project - so glad I did.Thanks for keepin em honest and warning others about fraud .