I received a 1099-B that had an incorrect cost basis.Statement said it was $2360 and I have paperwork from the Computershare site that proves $3,195 they also listed it as short term when it was purchased in 2012--5 years ago.

They said it was too hard to figure out. What??? I told them if they went into the account it was all there and that is where I had gotten my information. I did get an updated 1099-B changing it to long term stock but they did not change the cost basis.

I had received cash and stock in a different company because it was a buyout from one company to another. They sent me a check for the cash. They sent the 1099-B saying I had sold the new stock and I had to pay taxes on it. I did not sell the new stock.

I am stuck paying taxes on the exchange to the new stock which I still own and have not cashed out.I realize it is now my cost basis but this does not seem right at all.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss 1099-B not accurate / Not specified
Preferred solution fix the number you sent to the IRS

Had an Experience with Computershare?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.

World Financial Group - FFIUL: Transamerica *Keeps* All Your Money When You Die World Financial Group "A shocking little-known fact of Universal Life (xUL) policies: you LOSE your policy's entire cash value when you die. This is true of Transamerica’s Financial Foundation Indexed Universal Life (FFIUL)..." Read more World Financial Group - Hampton Bay Anon. You confirm how AWFUL the FFIUL is. World Financial Group "HB Anon, for all your righteous high-flown talk about "...Loss of cash value ...never has been deceptive..." isn't it funny how so few people--including most of the WFG agents..." Read more Nal International Gmbh - Nick Nack Neoklis Lazanas hoch kriminell Nal International Gmbh "Als ehemaliger Geschäftspartnerwurde ich von Lazanas ebenfalls massiv betrogen und hintergangen. Ich habe die Einträge erst vor kurzem gesehen und von den diversen Strafverfolgungen gegen Lazanas erfahren. Er hat weder..." Read more World Financial Group - Big Class-Action Lawsuit against Transamerica’s FFIUL? Can You Join? World Financial Group "Transamerica’s Financial Foundation Indexed Universal Life (FFIUL) policy is WFG’s top life insurance product. It’s the fat-commission policy my upline always pushed me to sell. I worked for WFG..." Read more Horrible fit from "custom" car cover from Cover Anything Cover Anything "I ordered a car cover from Cover Anything based on the make and model of my car. I travel often and it arrived during a lengthy absence and I did..." Read more Cooking Club Of America - Where did it go? Cooking Club Of America "I loved my monthly magazine and the products I purchased from them and when you pay for a lifetime membership, you expect to continue getting what you paid in advance...." Read more Roca Labs - AMAZING Don Karl Juravin SAVED my life Roca Labs "I have been using the AMAZING invention of Don Karl Juravin from Roca Labs since Jan 2017. I started with a weight of 217 and my current weight is 178...." Read more Lending Club - Slow confusing process with absolutely no communication Lending Club "I am currently around two weeks since our application. We decided to give Lending Club a try, pre-qualified for a loan, submitted all requested documentation immediately upon request. After a..." Read more