$130 pair of boots worn maybe 12 times, stored in closet, started falling apart when I was outside in the cold. Columbia does not back the boot! DO NOT EVER BUY their footwear!

Charles G. (Customer Care)

Nov 21, 11:45 PST

Hello Angela,

Thank you for sending me the pictures, I do appreciate it. Unfortunately, your boots are no longer under warranty. All our footwear have a limited 1 year warranty. This warranty is based on the date of purchase with a proof of purchase, absent a receipt we use the manufacture date. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and I do thank you for contacting Columbia Warranty.

Charles G

Customer Service Rep 1|WarrantyColumbia Brands USA, LLC

Columbia/Sorel/MHW

1-800-622-6953 (option 3)

Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM Pacific Standard Time!

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $130
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Columbia Sportswear?

Comments

Spokane, Washington, United States #1259587

I had the same issue.The plastic on my boots shattered after wearing them for the second time.

(They were approx four years old and stored inside.

I have sorrels from the early eighties that are still perfectly fine. Are sorrels now made by Columbia?

I used to like Columbia clothing and had thought to just not buy shoes or boots...but by the sounds of it they do not take responsibility for manufacturing problems so I am going move on.Any suggestions for companies who back up their products would be appreciated.

Former Columbia shopper

Perth Amboy, New Jersey, United States #1257170

Never buy Colombia products ever garbage

Richland, Washington, United States #1257087

I have the same issue, just pulled out a pair of boots and the lowers have disintegrated.They are 5-6 years old but worn < 20 times.

I have a pair of irish setters that I wore out putting a couple hundred miles/year hiking & hunting they lasted 7 or 8 years.

Now working on a pair of Danners doing the same thing.If you're going to spend the $$$ on boots don't spend it on Columbia boots.