Columbia Sportswear - Columbia women's boots totally came apart

13 of 75 Columbia Sportswear reviews

$130 pair of boots worn maybe 12 times, stored in closet, started falling apart when I was outside in the cold. Columbia does not back the boot! DO NOT EVER BUY their footwear!

Charles G. (Customer Care)

Nov 21, 11:45 PST

Hello Angela,

Thank you for sending me the pictures, I do appreciate it. Unfortunately, your boots are no longer under warranty. All our footwear have a limited 1 year warranty. This warranty is based on the date of purchase with a proof of purchase, absent a receipt we use the manufacture date. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and I do thank you for contacting Columbia Warranty.

Charles G

Customer Service Rep 1|WarrantyColumbia Brands USA, LLC

Columbia/Sorel/MHW

1-800-622-6953 (option 3)

Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM Pacific Standard Time!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Monetary loss:
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #959003

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Columbia Sportswear? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
13 of 75 Columbia Sportswear reviews

Dec 22, 2016 #1259587 Spokane, Washington, United States

I had the same issue. The plastic on my boots shattered after wearing them for the second time. (They were approx four years old and stored inside.
I have sorrels from the early eighties that are still perfectly fine. Are sorrels now made by Columbia?
I used to like Columbia clothing and had thought to just not buy shoes or boots...but by the sounds of it they do not take responsibility for manufacturing problems so I am going move on. Any suggestions for companies who back up their products would be appreciated.
Former Columbia shopper

0 0 Reply

Dec 17, 2016 #1257087 Richland, Washington, United States

I have the same issue, just pulled out a pair of boots and the lowers have disintegrated. They are 5-6 years old but worn < 20 times. I have a pair of irish setters that I wore out putting a couple hundred miles/year hiking & hunting they lasted 7 or 8 years. Now working on a pair of Danners doing the same thing. If you're going to spend the $$$ on boots don't spend it on Columbia boots.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Columbia Sportswear.
Filing a new complaint about
×