Colors N More Painting and Home Improvements - Colors N More Painting made a TOTAL MESS of our home ! WARNING for others !
We hired Colors N More Painting to paint the interior of our home in Sept. 2012 after receiving the written proposal from them which was to include "caulking as needed, repair ceiling seam, nail pops and wall patches". During the free estimate visit, the owner of Colors N More, Michael Snell ( aka Steve Snell ) talked alot about how attentive they were to detail, and how committed they were to providing a quality finish. Even their website states that "QUALITY is our FIRST priority".
The first day, they started sanding the ceiling and had covered NOTHING in the home so EVERYTHING was covered in a heavy coating of drywall dust. Their excuse ( and there was ALOT of excuses during their work ) was that they "normally don't cover anything until they are ready to start painting". They apologized and promised to clean up and cover everything for the remainder of the job.
Painting started and they began painting the trim but, as though they had changed their minds half-way through, stopped painting trim and started "cutting in" the walls. Even though they had haphazardly covered a few of our furnishings with small pieces of thin plastic, they still managed to get paint everywhere -- Trim paint on the walls and, wall paint on the trim and floors. The ceiling had been "repaired" and painted and was crooked as "a dogs hind leg" and paint splatter was everywhere -- our furniture and appliances and floors. More than that, there was an obvious patch of spackling left on the ceiling and instead of sanding it smooth or scraping it, they painted right over it. The nail pops that were specifically listed in the proposal were also painted over without so much as a second thought.
We confronted them about their sloppy work and pointed out the "issues" which they promised to "fix" and over the final days of painting, things went down hill from there. The wall patches, that were also specifically listed in the proposal were also painted over untouched or with the most half-assed attempt to smooth it out. The walls were obviously not properly prepped and ANYTHING that happened to be on the walls or trim was painted over as it was. No effort at all was being made by Steve and his helper to do anything that resembled a professional quality paint job.
There are paint runs, drips and sags on just about every surface that they touched in our home. Paint splatter everywhere, broken ceiling light fixtures and gouges in our hardwood floor. NOTHING had been caulked and it was blatantly obvious that these "painters" either didn't care or, weren't capable of painting a straight line. Numerous opportunities were given to them to "fix" the issues but each time they did, it only got worse and they made more of a mess.
Door casing that was JUST INSTALLED the day before they arrived to start painting looks as though it has been there forever -- Paint runs, unfilled nail holes, no caulking and large areas that were not painted at all and, as bad as the walls and trim looks, the interior doors look even worse -- More paint runs, obvious brush strokes and sections of the doors that look like they were painted with transparent paint !
To refer to the work done by Colors N More as "Amateurish" would be an insult to all amateur painters everywhere. NEVER have I seen such a horrendous paint job done by anyone, anywhere !
If there is an option to attach photos of their "quality" work to this complaint, I will. If not, and you are still considering hiring Colors N More after reading this, PLEASE send me an email at email@example.com and I will gladly respond with ACTUAL photos of their work then, decide for yourself, DO YOU WANT THIS KIND OF MESS IN YOUR HOME ?
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Interior Home Painting
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I had Morning Star Bamboo installed by a HSS (Home Service Store) recommended installer, and paid for it by a loan facilitated by LL. I signed a contract that..."
- "They say that a picture tells a thousand words.... Just take a look at this. Empires professional floor installation. Instead of building up the floor after tile was removed they chose..."
- "Having pool tiles removed and new ones placed plus acid wash today and tomorrow at a cost of over $5000. I have MANY pictures where the original tiles never made..."
- "I had my daughters hair permed on 8/10/2015 and Smartstyle in Chesterfield va fried her hair so bad we had to remove over 6 inches in lenght and completely..."
- "This is the best boarding barn I have ever worked or boarded at, anyone who has been here will agree with me. The owner is a very educated knowledgeable woman..."
- "Im an insurance agent of 20 years due to anti-money laundering laws i'm required to take training on what to look out for and i'm sure these bank tellers take..."
- "I love Twinkies I have from the beginning, But I just bought a box of them and they are half the size as they were. They were almost flat I..."
- "Paid for a full $75 grooming appointment for my dog, stated in her progress report that everything was done, ears, trim, etc. such a joke, because it wasn't. My goldens..."