Update by user Feb 07

Got the BBB involved and they have contacted the company.Company responded with lies about not being able to get ahold of me.

Why can't people just admit when they are wrong and then take care of business. BBB has proposed a settlement BUT, I haven't seen anything yet. Don't get this company to do anything for you.

People shouldn't have to go through the process of getting back an overpayment.Too many moving companies do the right thing without going through cons and crooks.

Original review posted by user Jan 08

Promised a professional, stress free move.WRONG!

Related: Colonial Van Lines - Moved from TEXAS to TENNESSEE

I had a window of three days to get my furniture and auto moved because I live out of the country. Poor communication and poor follow through. Lots of stressful and emotional telephone call and they acted like it was my fault. The people that was originally subcontracted never got in touch and didn't even try for the job.

I lucked out on the sub, sub-contracted company (Corey) and they were great. Two good guys that tried their hardest to do a big job. Now, the auto delivery was a nightmare. Before I was in the US the carrier called my brother in Texas and wanted to deliver the car!

The response was "now what am I going to do"? Emailed CVL and told them. No communication. I was blasting them with calls.

They didn't know where my auto was but I was in Tennessee where I was supposed to be on that date. Finally someone called me with the auto transporter's phone number. I had to call them to negotiate a delivery. They said my car was in storage and they didn't have anyone to deliver it.

I hit the ceiling! Less than calm, I was furious. He was supposed to "call me back", he didn't. I called him, CVL was not in touch.

The transporter told me that I would have to pay for the storage before they delivered my car. CVL said they would reimburse me. At 9:45 PM, he called and asked me to walk down to the main road (at the time they were delivering my furniture), because they couldn't get the transporter on my road. That was a load of *** because the moving van was there.

Finally, I got some help from the furniture delivery guy (Corey) and he drove me down to the road. They were supposed to be in a church parking lot. NOT! They were on a busy highway median off loading my car.

I was afraid to get out of the other car to even see my auto. He wanted to hand off there. It was dark and I couldn't see anything. I was complaining and the guy was laughing at me.

It was so dangerous. Next part, CVL had pressured me into overestimating the weight of my furniture so they would "bring the right equipment". I did and now they owe me around $800 because of the overestimate.

Now, I can't get anyone to respond to me from CVL.Does anyone know what to do for this?

Review about: Colonial Van Lines Moving Services.

I liked: I liked the sub sub contractors that delivered my furniture.

I didn't like: Everything else, Poor communication, Horrible auto delivery, Will not return communication about my refund.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Pay me my refund that is owed to me

Had an Experience with Colonial Van Lines?

Comments