Colonial Marble and Granite - How have they failed me? Let me count the ways....

2 of 6 Colonial Marble and Granite reviews

First the facts: We ordered their package which included a new sink, faucet, and backsplash. We paid extra for a matching soap dispenser.

- We were assured by the sales person that we could see OUR granite slab once it arrived (in approximately three weeks) to check for any flaws before they installed it. I called after three weeks and was told it wasn't there yet. Then at FOUR weeks and multiple calls later, I was told my slab was there and I needed an appointment because they had to be sure it was pulled and ready for me to see it. I was finally told to just stop in ANY time I wanted. I drove the hour+ to the showroom and I was showed a dusty slab of granite that had clearly been sitting there for a long time - without MY name on it - and was asked if I liked THAT one. I said it was fine, THEN they put my name on it. Something was definitely fishy.

- The installers arrived with the WRONG color sink. No advance call, no apology. A WHITE sink. The sink was supposed to be black. They blamed it on the manufacturer? Really? How does a MANUFACTURER make THAT mistake? What about quality control of Colonial Granite when they received my sink? It took them THREE WEEKS to get the RIGHT sink in.

- The installers arrived with a soap dispenser that didn't even come close to matching the faucet. It was a completely different manufacturer and color. The installers shrugged their shoulders and said that's what they were sent. The Service Department was closed, so I had to wait until Monday. I called Monday and received an offer to order me the correct soap dispenser. I agreed until I discovered through my own research that this manufacturer has two different models of soap dispensers; one that matches my faucet and one that doesn't. I called back to confirm which one they were ordering. You guessed it - the one that doesn't match. I told them to cancel the soap dispenser and I would get it myself and they suddenly were able to get me the right one. Huh.

- The installers had a seam where the sink was installed. Unexpected (read your contract, folks, they can put a seam WHERE EVER THEY WANT!), but okay. They had to use a sander to make the seam match along the entire front of the sink. They didn't buff it. I called back to tell them the granite in the front of my sink was dull and I received a snippy response that I should go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get granite polish. I went to Home Depot and the granite expert there told me not to touch it - that it's the same as putting furniture polish on wood. It will only be a Band-Aid. They needed to come back out and buff it back to the shine it was supposed to be. I called the office again and this time they agreed to send out their "expert" to fix it. Their “expert” did a great job buffing the granite, but spilled black wax/buffing compound all over my brand new hardwood floors and ruined a rug in the process.

- The soap dispenser hole was cut so far back, I can't (a) fit my hand behind it to push it down and (b) fit anything under it enough to make it useful. I COULD call and have them come out and fix it, but that would entail them pulling apart my ENTIRE kitchen again and replacing 3/4 of the slab. I can't stand the thought of them in my house again, so we're done and I'm going to live with the bad job they did. I can't trust them to get it right the second time, anyway.

Go somewhere else. You'll be happy you did.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had an experience with Colonial Marble and Granite? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 6 Colonial Marble and Granite reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Colonial Marble and Granite.
Filing a new complaint about
×