Coit Avenue Gravel Company damage . . .customers beware!
This past summer I hired a concrete installer to pour a new driveway at my house. It turned out great and I was very happy with the contractor. Initially, my attention was on the good looking new drive. I soon noticed that the concrete trucks had done massive damage to my private drive. I share this drive with 2 other neighbors. The Coit Avenue Gravel Co. cement trucks had failed to stay in the middle of the asphalt road and completely torn up a 40ft section of road. In a 2nd location with edge damage, I even found a large pile of cement where they obviously cleaned out their spillway. The actually cleaned out their equipment for a job on my neighbors property. My neighbor was very upset about the trash left behind and even more upset about the damage they caused to our road. These drivers are well aware of the fact the they need to stay in the middle of the road as it is thicker there.
After numerous attempts to get Coit Avenue Gravel to fix the damage, they finally just said, "Go ahead and sue us, we don't care." So do we take the chance an sue them and waste tons of time and money, or just pay to have it fixed. We have estimates up to $2,500 to repair. A lawyer and court fees could easily hit that.
Obviously we won't use Coit Avenue Gravel again and will be on site for future pours. If you are having work done, please ask that they not use Coit. They were terrible in how they handled this situation. Also remember to spell out everything in your contract and take photos before and after.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Poured Concrete
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "We originally had our old gutters replaced due to water leakage with new gutters through Gutter Helmet of the Pikes Peak Region a few years ago (Colrado Springs, CO.). Our..."
- "BOUGHT NEW HOME.HAD TO BUY NEW HEAT PUMP AND AIR-CONDITIONING UNIT AS TO SMALL OF ONE WAS PUT IN. HAVING 21 WINDOWS REPLACED. HAVE HUGE CRACKS IN OUTSIDE STUCCO! MOLD..."
- "NO complaints. We are rebuilding because of a fire. The insurance adjuster told us to find a plan and a builder. After researching online for local builders on your own..."
- "I ordered a tempered glass screen protector. I didn't realize it was coming from China, but was prepared to be patient. took 2 weeks to arrive and then was completely..."
- "...Got 2 pints of potatoes ..my husband put potatoes on his plate , went to take a *** and bit down on a high piece of plastic..."
- "100% FAILED, RECALLED Matress- their brand! I have a spinal fusion and now needd 2 surgeries.... I count on my mattress to be GREAT- so they claim- Admitted faulty product!..."
- "I love the restaurant ,but i also eat the same all the time ..chilli mac supreme . Well the portions been getting smaller and smaller...today i was brought a "..."
- "On May 19, 2014 my belongings were moved by my local Two Men and a Truck. As a senior, I hired them because of their claims like "movers who..."
- "Dishonest Seller Clown Fish USA.com owner Rudy VasquezBack in the early part of July I had posted on several forums looking for adult clownfish. Rudy contact me telling me he..."