Coit Avenue Gravel Company damage . . .customers beware!
This past summer I hired a concrete installer to pour a new driveway at my house. It turned out great and I was very happy with the contractor. Initially, my attention was on the good looking new drive. I soon noticed that the concrete trucks had done massive damage to my private drive. I share this drive with 2 other neighbors. The Coit Avenue Gravel Co. cement trucks had failed to stay in the middle of the asphalt road and completely torn up a 40ft section of road. In a 2nd location with edge damage, I even found a large pile of cement where they obviously cleaned out their spillway. The actually cleaned out their equipment for a job on my neighbors property. My neighbor was very upset about the trash left behind and even more upset about the damage they caused to our road. These drivers are well aware of the fact the they need to stay in the middle of the road as it is thicker there.
After numerous attempts to get Coit Avenue Gravel to fix the damage, they finally just said, "Go ahead and sue us, we don't care." So do we take the chance an sue them and waste tons of time and money, or just pay to have it fixed. We have estimates up to $2,500 to repair. A lawyer and court fees could easily hit that.
Obviously we won't use Coit Avenue Gravel again and will be on site for future pours. If you are having work done, please ask that they not use Coit. They were terrible in how they handled this situation. Also remember to spell out everything in your contract and take photos before and after.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Poured Concrete
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Let this video speak for itself. The lowest bidder does the work. The super was a really nice guy but he had no experience with residential building, I..."
- "We already left a review of Charles Brzezinski and CBCS but please disregard that review as it was forced out of us because Charles held our project hostage until my..."
- "Our shoddily constructed Lennar Home is located in The Woodlands area north of Houston. It is difficult to know where to begin with this review because there are so..."
- "I have been ordering from Rose Wholesale since late September and have purchased many items such as shirts, belts, shoes, underwear. I can tell you in no uncertain terms they..."
- "My local company purchased by Amerigas, my tank, my delivery invoices, and my bill stated to make checks out to Silsbee Propane the price per gallon goes up every delivery,..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "Dishonest Seller Clown Fish USA.com owner Rudy VasquezBack in the early part of July I had posted on several forums looking for adult clownfish. Rudy contact me telling me he..."
- "On May 19, 2014 my belongings were moved by my local Two Men and a Truck. As a senior, I hired them because of their claims like "movers who..."
- "At home on a Friday night, placed an online order via my cell phone (which is protected by security software to the max). The order was for $135. Less than..."