Coit Avenue Gravel Company damage . . .customers beware!
This past summer I hired a concrete installer to pour a new driveway at my house. It turned out great and I was very happy with the contractor. Initially, my attention was on the good looking new drive. I soon noticed that the concrete trucks had done massive damage to my private drive. I share this drive with 2 other neighbors. The Coit Avenue Gravel Co. cement trucks had failed to stay in the middle of the asphalt road and completely torn up a 40ft section of road. In a 2nd location with edge damage, I even found a large pile of cement where they obviously cleaned out their spillway. The actually cleaned out their equipment for a job on my neighbors property. My neighbor was very upset about the trash left behind and even more upset about the damage they caused to our road. These drivers are well aware of the fact the they need to stay in the middle of the road as it is thicker there.
After numerous attempts to get Coit Avenue Gravel to fix the damage, they finally just said, "Go ahead and sue us, we don't care." So do we take the chance an sue them and waste tons of time and money, or just pay to have it fixed. We have estimates up to $2,500 to repair. A lawyer and court fees could easily hit that.
Obviously we won't use Coit Avenue Gravel again and will be on site for future pours. If you are having work done, please ask that they not use Coit. They were terrible in how they handled this situation. Also remember to spell out everything in your contract and take photos before and after.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Poured Concrete
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "We already left a review of Charles Brzezinski and CBCS but please disregard that review as it was forced out of us because Charles held our project hostage until my..."
- "I am writing this as a review of the work that was conducted on my home last month from Rhino Shield of Jacksonville, Fl. Several months ago, my blood pressure..."
- "We paid a handsome price to have our parking lot Tar & Chipped rather than re-pave which is considerably more expensive. The product did not hold up and within a couple..."
- "On May 19, 2014 my belongings were moved by my local Two Men and a Truck. As a senior, I hired them because of their claims like "movers who..."
- "Our home has been two years in the planning and building. Over a year ago I went to Rock Tops in Saline, MI and met with David Gough. Our architect..."
- "Dishonest Seller Clown Fish USA.com owner Rudy VasquezBack in the early part of July I had posted on several forums looking for adult clownfish. Rudy contact me telling me he..."
- "I purchased a box of crackers and each pack had what looked like and crumbled like peanut butter. I was completely disappointed and call the manufacturer and they stated it..."
- "My amazing love had ordered (a week in advance- to ensure delivery) flowers to be delivered to me in celebration of our 1 year anniversary and they never showed, needless..."
- "I "purchased" a camera from a 2016 Black Friday special; Nikon d3400 for $349. Great price but not so great that it seemed unreal. It took several days just to..."