Coachmen Rv - Coachmen Prism/Freelander Generator fell off.

17 of 68 Coachmen Rv reviews

The generator fell off the RV. There are 4 carriage bolts holding the QD 3200 Generator in place. 3 snapped and dropped the generator on the ground. You have to take the RV apart to get to 3 of the bolts, and the water tank has to come out for the 4th bolt.

It's just fell off, fortunately I was backing in when it let go. Had I bee on the interstate it would have destroyed the RV and what ever vehicles were behind me. Not to mention it rendered the RV un-movable. The carriage bolts were bolted only to the chip board.

For now I have 3 7/16 #8 bolts and steel plates to secure the generator. Of course it took the exhaust when it went. Had I been going faster ......

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
17 of 68 Coachmen Rv reviews

Aug 25, 2016 #1203615 Ellsworth, Maine, United States

So I contacted Coachman who asked for lots of information and then never responded back. So screw them I had it fixed at my cost and will now forward all the items to NHTSA.
Their lack of response which was promised weeks ago is not coming. So let the chips fall where they may.......
Apparently the same attachment scheme is what holds the propane tanks in, now under recall on some Coachman RV's.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Coachmen Rv.
Filing a new complaint about
×