Update added by user Feb 19
The issues have been resolved, please disregard this review.
CLV quickly addresses your concerns and will help make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Original review posted by user Feb 13
I recently moved into a CLV apartment in Vanier on Stevens Ave, I've been here for a few months now. STAY AWAY!!!!
Before I explain why I HATE this place with a passion, I'll first mention the positives:
1. The maintenance is very good. The guy's name is Brian and he responds quickly and is very helpful.
2. The place is clean.
Alright so honestly that's the only two good things about this place. Now let me explain why I suggest you stay the *** AWAY from this place.
This is an old, 3 floor building. It has ZERO soundproofing. From the FIRST day I moved in, I couldn't sleep because of the tenant down below. I could hear her talking and laughing, banging around, playing music, slamming doors, etc. until 4 am at times.
All of the doors in the building slam shut so loudly, because people are *** as *** and can't close it properly. It's so loud I can hear it in my entire unit and it makes my floors shake. I've missed 2 job opportunities because I couldn't sleep and I can't hear my alarm clock over earplugs. So not only do I have the tenant below being extremely disruptive at all hours, doors slamming in the hallway and heavy loud footsteps and all sorts of *** keeps me up and wake me up at 4, 5, 6, 7, etc. in the morning.
The maintenance guy, after 3 months, put in proper door closers yet they barely make a difference.
Not only that, but the window in the bedroom is extremely poorly insulated. It's freezing in the bedroom and super warm every else in the unit, you CAN'T adjust the temperature. The building is along very busy streets, so cars and people will keep you up all night and day (if you try to rest) too.
The staff will come bang around and *** at 8 am some times (if you work late, good luck).
Before I go onto to the crappy management, let me mention why I made the mistake of coming here.
I was in a huge hurry to move out and needed a place quick. A girl by the name of Daphne was supposed to show me the unit but she said she couldn't (total bullcrap). So instead, she showed me another unit that had ''the same layout.''. HUGE red flag right there, but like I said I was in a hurry. I asked her if anyone made any noise complaints, she said no. It was around lunch time so everyone was gone from the building pretty much.
After I moved in and encountered all these problems, I contacted her and she was rude as *** and told me to screw off basically. I emailed my landlord Kayla and she was rude too and hasn't done anything. Daphne had also told me the lease was 9 months and then suddenly, it's now 12.
I've emailed Kayla about 10 times about noise complaints, indicating the specific unit and the problems. One night, the young lady below was being annoying as usual, and got in a huge fight with her boyfriend. They started screaming and yelling, breaking stuff, etc. and it's midnight. I called the by-law and the by-law showed up AN HOUR LATER which by that point, the boyfriend had left and she went to bed. She then lied to their face saying I WAS CRAZY.
The landlord AGREED WITH HER, saying I'M the problem.
I've spent a lot of money trying to isolate the door and floors. I've come to the conclusion that the ONLY WAY I'll get sleep, is by wearing uncomfortable earplugs.
My kitchen drain clogged up 2 months into this place and my fridge door fell off.
If you value your sleep do NOT come here, I'm serious man this is coming from someone currently LIVING HERE and from other people's complaints.
I can't wait to get the *** out of here, which is in 8 months. Screw CLV I'm NEVER renting from them ever again and I don't suggest anyone move into the buildings here in Vanier, seriously.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Complete lack of sleep and stress from constant noise
- Reason of review:
- Stressed out from noise and lack of sleep
- Preferred solution:
- Soundproof the units.
- Product or service
- Clv Group Apartment Rental
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "Erased negative reviews from their past coming back to haunt the new year. Do not believe all their phone baloney reviews, pretty easy to see it's fiction when you start reading..."
- "WILLIAMS FAMILY WHO RENT HOUSE AT 3012 CHARLES ST. OMAHA NE 68131 HAVE HARASSED MY FAMILY FOR 14 MONTHS NOW. WILLIAMS FAMILY DEALS DRUGS & PROSTITUTION IS GOING ON. THEY..."
- "Part 2 At Forest Ridge, CLV was constanty closing off services that were supposed to be available to all tenants such as the pool and sauna. The pool was closed for..."
- "Horrible company, never buy from these people!!! I ordered a jacket, it came very cheaply made, ripped and torn. Now they are trying to tell me to pay for the..."
- "I have become disappointed with the customer service I have received concerning the overpayment of my Miles Kimball account. I am disabled, on medication, and my income is important. I..."
- "I am writing to tell you about a charity scam making millions off generous consumers during the holiday season in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Edmonton. It is a..."
- "i had bought a proactiv plus 3 step kit, & since then i have been receiving a ridiculous amount of proactiv + larger kits and tbh i dont remeber signing..."
- "PRISTINE, Megan Stotts was fully oriented on required painting 7 rooms w/connecting hallways, Stotts agreed to do the entire job for $3500, with a starting date of 12 November,2016. A..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."