Clog Free Gutters - My dad tried to give us a gift, the company gave us a nightmare!!
When my dad said he was paying over 2k for two upper runs & a downspout I tried to talk him out of it, but he wanted our house to be great & didn't want us climbing up two stories to clean out leaves.Sept 2013 Day of installation I called asking if workers will return to finish job.
I was told it was finished as I looked at the unsightly 4"x 4" wood they left exposed running down both sides of my house to attach the gutters to. They quoted me $700 to come back and cover it. On Feb 20, 2014 there was a BOOM as the house shook, next day we found 9" around chunks of ice several feet long which slid off their gutters hitting our mudroom roof, central air system unit, other gutters attached to mudroom, and a fence on the other side of the house. It was in one piece when it fell and broke when it hit everything on the way down.
I called them asking if they could come take the gutters off and give my dad back some of the money he paid. They said NO. They blamed weather, then loss of heat in my roof. I told them I had no problems with ice all winter with any of my older gutters.
They instead offered to "fix" my problem giving me a discount on a heat cord they would install coming to $500.I called a lawyer the next day to see what my rights were...
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "My dog loves going to Home Depot. I take him there and to pet stores because he LOVES going and it's one of the few places that let dogs go..."
- "Do not buy Jeld- win products!! They claim to have lifetime warranties on there doors and when you contact them they will not cover it. I have a set of..."
- "We redid our kitchen August 2014 and chose Wolf because of price and we liked the look of the sample cabinet in the showroom. They seemed well made, but now..."
- "I ordered a pair of Super Timberland's as a gift for a friend. The items were received promptyly, however when the recipient received the gift the boots had been worn..."
- "My company had signed up with Thumbtack back in May of 2016... Since then 'till now we have lead our industry with over 134 reviews, have been hired over 450..."
- "Another "Posher" broke almost every listing rule: - inappropriate language - asking / pursuing a buyer if they're interested just bc they ask a ? - trying to do a..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."