Texas, United States

**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience" caused and asked if I would be willing to remove my reviews. I declined the latter.

I hired a computer expert ($215 vs $1200) from a local company to determine 1) was I ever hacked 2) Did Click for Support add any spyware etc. on my computer 3) what exactly did they do for $1200 as the promised "invoice" that was to arrive within 36 hours never arrived so I have no evidence of what they purportedly did for $400 of the $1200 which was to encrypt my data from the "hackers." 4) fix my printer, which was the original reason I called Samsung (or tried to).

The written report says 1) "found no evidence that an intrusion had ever occurred) 2) the only "protection" they installed by MalwareBytes. This program is available for $24.95 and comes with a license for 3 devices. They did not provide the license and despite promising to protect "up to 15 of my devices" and repeatedly telling me not to install any other anti-virus or spyware etc. programs, they did not put the program on any other device. Though they said my Avast anti-virus "wasn't doing anything for me" they did not replace it. All my data was already encrypted anyway and they did not add further encryption, and that the network is configuered on the ATT device and changing the internal IP addresses of the network would not increase the protection the network already has. The printer --the reason I called in the first place --has a hardware problem and is being replaced by its warranty.

Their 100% money back refund REQUIRES you to agree to allowing them AGAIN to remotely access your computer so they can "fix" the problem. If they've proven themselves untrustworthy already, why would anyone allow them to do that again?

I urge anyone who was duped by these folks to dispute the charge on your credit card. I am confident I will not have to pay this charge.

I feel so ***. They are a scam. I called Samsung with a printer problem. They refer me to a tech person who says it will cost $400 to fix the problem and say my network was hacked. The dropped Microsoft's name and I thought they were microsoft technicians. They show me how many attempts were made to *** it but say the hackers were unsuccessful as they had not opened the info. The $400 was to encrypt the data so that if it's opened at a future date they won't be able to access it. I have a business with lots of confidential data on it. I had to decide fast what to do as I had clients waiting for me. I approved the $400 charge. They they said but you need to protect your network for the future from this happening, the basic plan is $900 the premium is $1400, something like that. I said I need to think about it and will call tomorrow. They immediately drop the price to $900 for the premium plan and throw in some services. I said charge me $700 and we have a deal. They did. They spent 2 hours or more fixing the printer problem, it wasn't easy. Then I read these reviews as soon as I hung up. I called to cancel the contract. Credit card company said I have to wait til it's posted to dispute it. I will pay the $400 for being *** but they haven't implemented the contract and I called within 15 minutes of authorizing it so I hope I can get it back since they haven't been given the money yet. The technician seemed very competent but the whole company is full of shysters.

Review about: Computer Security Packages.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / $1200
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Click4support?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.