Verified Reviewer

2.9

Original review updated by user Sep 07, 2021

I've owned my Clearwater spa for over 10 years, and it seems that every 2-3 years, I have had to replace major components like the pumps, the heater, the ozonator, the entertainment system, the internal power source, etc., etc. Recently the entertainment system failed for the third time, and there is no easy replacement for the spa-side controls because Balboa (who made the original topside controls) now only makes controls that have a different cut-out shape and dimension.

When I called Clearwater, I was told that they could probably jury-rig something, but the price estimate was ridiculous.

Now that Clearwater has transitioned from a dealer/customer-facing operation to a manufacturer with little customer-facing service, they are useless. I've owned spas from other manufacturers before, and have not had anywhere near the repair frequency of major components or small leaks around components.

User's recommendation: Consider that you will not get any real support from Clearwater, only through 3rd party companies and repair outfits.

Preferred solution: Apology.