6.4K views

Update by user Aug 30, 2014

My husband 66 years had his surgery in early DEC I should have kept up with this post thing. We are 3 and 1/2 hr from the rockville office (near washington DC).

We went down the day before stayed over and he started and 8 am - 4 pm surgery was about 2 1/2 hours the rest was recovery and making and fitting temporary set of teeth. You must realize that the oral maxillary surgeon has just removed your remaining teeth (16in his case) shaved the jaws upper and lower to a flat surface to fit the prosthesis evenly on your jaw and placed 4 screws in the upper jaw and 4 screws lower jaw and stitched the gums closed over the entire surface of both jaws and around the screws. There is no way this does not hurt and no one told us that it was painless.They attached his temporary teeth that day and we went back to our hotel. Lots of ice and pain meds and anti-inflammatory drugs.

We stayed in DC for 2 more days partly because there was a snow event and partly because i was uncomfortable leaving because we were so far away. He did eat soup next day. and eggs so night before and 3 more nights we left he was swollen and in pain but nothing ice the medication could not handle we ate omelets at I hop on the way home. he had already planned 2 weeks vacation from work and was able to go back with a nice big white smile.

I would say for about 8 weeks he ate very soft diet and protein shakes and we had gotten a bullet blender thing. Lots of soup eggs fish (he loves fish cuban rice and beans spagetti etc. Anyone who has had screws put in for a broken anything can tell you about swelling and pain management YOU DO HAVE THE SURGERY AND THE TEMPORARY TEETH IN ONE DAY.

He lost the 10 lb.

his MD wanted !! You absolutely can not go back to anything that you have to pull on to eat hard bread or you WILL or can disloge the screws from your soft jaw bones. So now we still have temporary teeth screws are firmly anchored in his bone even with his temporary teeth his is now eating crusty breads and pork chops good ones moist not rocks, We have had two of the 4 visits with films and fitting for permanent teeth actually permanently anchored dentures We will be finished probably this Dec. The experience has been great the office is great the physicians are experts in their fields.

Now I/we can only testify for clear choice in rockville md.

I met people who were not happy in the waiting room one broke the temp plate of teeth eating an apple what!!! Another broke a tooth and was half way through and was eating the way she did before and had not lost one pound there is no way you could do this without loosing some weight.

It takes a great deal of discipline and patience to do this without just *** the whole time he did great. would i so their you have it 8 months

Original review posted by user Nov 19, 2013

I do not work for clearchoice either. But reading all this fussing I just had to add my 2 cents.

We had our first appointment nov. 12 at the clearchoice metro washington location. Everything was as it was said it would be. We saw maxiillofacial surgeon, a dentist, and a prostodontist. everything was Discussed at length until we understood. It was made clear that this whole process can take up to 1 year before all is said and done and the first set of teeth that you walk out with in one day are for show only and you will not get your permanent prosthesis for at least 9 months so soft food until then. You pay one flat fee for the whole process regardless of whatever may need to be done. All the specialists are in one location and yes that is a big deal.

If the people on this site that are upset about the price had looked on the the web site it clearly states that a full arch (whole top or bottom) can cost approximately $26,000 that being said a full set upper and lower could cost $50,000 give or take. Now that is a ton,ton of money but you certainly would know that up front if you READ or call. If you were denied it would probably be because of not being able to get you credit because of rating or what ever.

For the person who thought $5,000. For three teeth was to much please go get estimates other places. For the dentist, The surgeons the prosthetics maker (teeth) add all together. Plus you have to find, research, and go to all those different specialists. I have a 4 place bridge NOT implants from years ago and it cost $3000.00 back then. I am saying all this because I am a medical technologist speak the medical lingo and did tons of research on all of this, got estimates, etc. and we checked out cost and quality and picked this company at this location because of the resumes of the professionals and the track record. It is 4 hours from us.

At this point all this means is that we are as comfortable as anyone can be about doing an ELECTIVE, extensive, expensive procedure that is as dangerous as any medical procedure. Anything can go wrong in any medical procedure any kind anywhere. Nothing has been done yet except pre - op stuff surgery is scheduled for Dec 9th. I hope to keep adding to this as we get further into the process.

Product or Service Mentioned: Clear Choice Dental Implants.

Comments

While you have had a good experience, the tv ad is misleading if not an outright lie. They say done in a day, but it is not true. No one who goes to them has the work done in a day.

to Anonymous Northumberland, Pennsylvania, United States #863480

see my new update. YES it is true you have a brand new smile when you leave!!!

You are just not finished yet which is explained in depth to you at consultation.

just like a broken any bone that is fixed with screws it takes months for bone to completely heal around and anchor screws. I do not know who told you that!!

Bothell, Washington, United States #838785

Thanks so much for reporting your experience .. as this is a big deal and as a senior its a big chunk of money that we don't have ..

to Sill Northumberland, Pennsylvania, United States #863482

sill

see our update. it has worked out very well.

Beaverton, Oregon, United States #784794

Thank you so much for this thoughtful review. I have been reading extensively on this subject and I have found much more positive than negative.

Yes it is an expensive procedure with risk but I am 47 and this is an investment in so much more than my teeth alone. Financing has been approved for me to receive a full upper arch. The fee is $26,460.

Good luck to you! :) I would love to read any updates on your procedure and progress.

to gbneedsteeth Northumberland, Pennsylvania, United States #863483

see update

Owings Mills, Maryland, United States #775294

It takes close to a year before you get your final teeth . Thanks for clearing that up.

What do the teeth look like that you initially get on the first visit? Also, how are they held in your mouth? You mentioned only eating soft foods, wow.

Would you explain the reason?. Thanks again for your review.

to BookDiva Northumberland, Pennsylvania, United States #863484

see our update

Maryland Line, Maryland, United States #761283

how was surgery?

Petaluma, California, United States #755170

Sounds so familiar! I did much of what you did, and GOT NOWHERE. Not with ClearChoice, other dentists, insurance, etc. Something has got to give! I believe the Dental Industry IS A VERY GREEDY GROUP.

Two or so years ago I went in TO GET A TEETH CLEANING AND CAME OUT WITH AN 8000. ESTIMATE AND THAT'S WITH THE HEALTH INSURANCE I PURCHASED SEPARATELY. Never got the work done. I went to pick up a special "SAMPLE" OF MOUTHWASH - THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME 25. FOR IT. COULDN'T AFFORD.

WENT TO GET A ROOT CANAL, CAME OUT WITH NO ROOT AND NO CROWN. THAT WASN'T COVERED.

LOOKS LIKE $#@&.

MANY STORIES.

SICKENING!!!!

THANKS FOR READING.

to Frankie Northumberland, Pennsylvania, United States #863487

We have had a very positive experience but it is a Mercedes in cost we did financing. No dental that I have looked into covers this it is considered cosmetic surgery where dentures will do.

You can get money of your income tax as a medical expense not near all but every little bit helps.

Medicine is Very greedy group also and for that stuff you do not have a choice broken arm with screws $15,000.00 if you are not insured you get that bill. I am ashamed to be part of Medicine.

Akron, Ohio, United States #744452

What a great posting! You can actually write in full sentences, use correct spelling and make a clear statement!

I had checked on Clear Choice and like you saw the prices online and decided against them immediately. I'm happy with what my dentist has done for the couple of missing teeth I had and don't regret not giving Clear Choice a chance.

For others however, I think it's a great opportunity and appreciate you setting the record straight for them.

to DanOH #861391

There are no prices on the site. Hardly any dentist will give a price so it is no surprise really. Sticker shock will have me gumming my oatmeal.

But thanks all for the pricing.