1.3K views
1.6

I went to Clear Choice because of their somewhat mis-leading television ads. Thought I could have a beautiful smile in one day.

I didn't really fall for that but thought I'd go see what they had to offer.

Well... it's a very orchestrated process. You meet with the initial person who ask questions about what you're looking for then they bring in the closer. Then that person leaves and the initial person starts the estimate and tries to sell you on financing.

Bottom line they proposed pulling all my teeth and doing a full implant top and bottom.

I hope you're sitting for this part... $50,000. Yes! Needless to say I didn't go for it.

Instead I researched other options including going to Mexico to meet with dentists. I went to a few for evaluations and yes... some were really bad just as you'd expect. I decided to give it one more try and scheduled and appointment at Smile Builders in Tijuana.

They picked me up at the San Diego airport and took me to the appointment. I was truly surprised by the facility. Spotless, modern, and comfortable. I met with Dr.

Castellanos for a full evaluation. They took pictures and xrays with state of the art equipment. He then proposed a plan which did not include pulling my teeth. The end result was going to be beautiful natural smile.

He explained the options and made recommendations. I am telling you I felt so comfortable and confident I would have signed up on the spot. Instead, they took me back to the airport for my same day return flight with a complete line line of the dental plan. The entire staff is amazing...

helpful, considerate, accommodating and they billed my US dental insurance plan. I really liked everyone I dealt with and I'm sure you will too.

I scheduled a return trip for 4 days and they even arranged my hotel! The bulk of the work was done that visit. I had really nice temporary crowns when I can home the looked so real I wondered why I had to go back for the file crowns.

At no point was I toothless. My next visit was for final impressions for the final crowns. I now have the smile I have always wanted and it looks so natural. I'll be going back in a couple months for a follow-up to check the healing of a bone graft and possibly a implant.

(one implant, not all my teeth) All this for less than 25% of the Clear Choice estimate. I highly recommend Smile Builders to anyone looking for a good dentist.

Product or Service Mentioned: Clear Choice Dental Service.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Clear Choice Cons: Very expensive.

• Clear Choice Review