Rockville, Maryland
6.4K views
5.0

My husband 66 years had his surgery in early DEC 2013 I should have kept up with this post thing.We are 3 and 1/2 hr from the rockville office (near washington DC).

We went down the day before stayed over and he started and 8 am - 4 pm surgery was about 2 1/2 hours the rest was recovery and making and fitting temporary set of teeth. You must realize that the oral maxillary surgeon has just removed your remaining teeth (16in his case) shaved the jaws upper and lower to a flat surface to fit the prosthesis evenly on your jaw and placed 4 screws in the upper jaw and 4 screws lower jaw and stitched the gums closed over the entire surface of both jaws and around the screws. There is no way this does not hurt and no one told us that it was painless.They attached his temporary teeth that day and we went back to our hotel. Lots of ice and pain meds and anti-inflammatory drugs.

We stayed in DC for 2 more days partly because there was a snow event and partly because i was uncomfortable leaving because we were so far away. He did eat soup next day. and eggs so night before and 3 more nights we left he was swollen and in pain but nothing ice the medication could not handle we ate omelets at I hop on the way home. he had already planned 2 weeks vacation from work and was able to go back with a nice big white smile.

I would say for about 8 weeks he ate very soft diet and protein shakes and we had gotten a bullet blender thing. Lots of soup eggs fish (he loves fish cuban rice and beans spagetti etc. Anyone who has had screws put in for a broken anything can tell you about swelling and pain management YOU DO HAVE THE SURGERY AND THE TEMPORARY TEETH IN ONE DAY.

He lost the 10 lb. his MD wanted !! You absolutely can not go back to anything that you have to pull on to eat hard bread or you WILL or can disloge the screws from your soft jaw bones. So now we still have temporary teeth screws are firmly anchored in his bone even with his temporary teeth his is now eating crusty breads and pork chops good ones moist not rocks, We have had two of the 4 visits with films and fitting for permanent teeth actually permanently anchored dentures We will be finished probably this Dec. The experience has been great the office is great the physicians are experts in their fields. Now I/we can only testify for clear choice in rockville md. I met people who were not happy in the waiting room one broke the temp plate of teeth eating an apple what!!! Another broke a tooth and was half way through and was eating the way she did before and had not lost one pound there is no way you could do this without loosing some weight. It takes a great deal of discipline and patience to do this without just *** the whole time he did great.would i so their you have it 8 months

Reason of review: Good customer service.

• Clear Choice Dental Implants Cente

Comments

I'm having the same thing in May and I'm so afraid to do this because what the people are saying in reviews. I'm going to Maryland too.. Any advice!

I just completed the exam at the Rockville office. After reading some of these reviews, I am terrified.

Yet I know I need to have something done, especially after looking at my exrays up close and personal...The cost is much more than I can afford, but with lupus and the constant mouth sores, there is no way I could do dentures.

I know I have serious problems with the shape of my mouth and was told I needed surgery to move my lower jaw forward and move my upper palate back...OUCH...and the cost of just that, with no teeth, was $30K 20 or so years ago.

Is it really expensive?

Yehoshua
@Anonymous

yes very. There is financing and you can take some off on your federal income tax.

My husband had only 16 teeth left. So we decided not to buy a new car and do this.

He just got his Permanent teeth this week. He is so happy

Clear Choice Reviews