Traveled by plane on a one way ticket from the north east to Ohio to go potentially pick up a truck that i was interested in purchasing. Upon arrival to the facility, i saw a lot of about 15-20 long hood peterbilt and kenworth. All trucks had polished wheels, drop visors, and chrome bumpers.
I had put a $1000 deposit down on this truck 2 weeks prior. I was able to talk the dealer into sending the truck to a 3rd party facility to have it fully inspected prior to putting the deposit down on the truck. They agreed. They gave me the name and numbers of the 3 closest facilities near by. I chose the facility that was closest and most convenient to them. They dropped the truck off, had the inspection completed, they shop emailed me the diagnostic reports. The truck checked out "fine". I then proceeded to put a deposit on the truck.
After a quick browse around, I decided to go check out the truck that I had came to purchase. By the way... As i opened the door, and hopped in, I initially heard air *** from behind the dash, i say the the glass in the top of the studio sleeper roof was cracked (which was never listed), i started the truck and let it idle while i did a quick inspection. The first thing i realized were the tires were extremely bald, so bald that i was afraid to be caught by DOT bobtailing this truck 11 hrs back home. I then proceeded to pop the hood. The first thing i saw was fuel leaking by the fuel filter and dripping on the ground at a pretty rapid rate. As I looked to the left side of the engine i then discovered a very serious and heavy oil leak by the rear main seal. The oil leak was so heavy that after 5 minutes of idle i had to shut the truck off. The "mechanic" told me that it was a used truck and these things were expected. I differed. After about 2 hrs and a series of phone calls. I decided to back out. This truck was not worth the near 40k price tag they listed it at. There was also another noticeable oil leak present at the front top right side of the engine. I ask the "mechanic" (who was clueless) if i could speak with the owner (Bill) or Paul (who I've been in contact with during the past two weeks). He told me that the owner only stays inside and answer phone calls, he doesn't speak directly with customers in person. I began to feel a little suspicious at this point. I told the mechanic to know $2000 off the asking price so that the oil leak could be repaired prior to driving the truck home. He countered with $500 after calling his boss (who was inside the building but refused to come outside).
At that point, i asked for me deposit back. I told them I wouldn't be purchasing the truck. They then informed me that my deposit was non-refundable. The only positive was the picked me up from the airport and brought me back.
Long story short... I spend over $650 in airfares and lost my $1000 deposit. I would not recommend this place to my greatest enemy. They will list all the good things about their truck but will not tell the truth about the bad things.
BE AWARE. THIS PLACE IS A FRAUD. PAUL IS A LIAR AND BILL DOES NOT EXIST. HE GOES BY A PHONY NAME.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Product or service
- Kenworth W900L
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "i would not even know where to start, 1 day delay, left refrigerator behind and other boxes, then being enlightened that it was our fault that we did not look..."
- "If you hire Puma, just hope they don't do any damage to your house, because they will ignore you, not care about the damage, and then imply that you did..."
- "Movinghelp.com was recommended to my neighbor who had rented a U-haul truck by the U-Haul folks. The mover had his own pickup truck there & his girlfriend driving it...."
- "I have tried in vein to e-mail a picture and ask for an explanation. All I get is "HTTP Error 404" or the requested resource is not found. Every e-mail..."
- "This is a quick email I sent to DealDash today after being annoyed (for the last time) over their dishonest marketing emails. "What's up with the dishonest emails? Just got..."
- "I sent you pictures of my problem. I was double charged for a hoodie i never got. ..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."
- "I ordered a Nikon D610 Camera Body w/ accessories bundle this week. I received the item and it came in a box with absolutely ZERO bubble wrap and all of..."