Traveled by plane on a one way ticket from the north east to Ohio to go potentially pick up a truck that i was interested in purchasing. Upon arrival to the facility, i saw a lot of about 15-20 long hood peterbilt and kenworth. All trucks had polished wheels, drop visors, and chrome bumpers.
I had put a $1000 deposit down on this truck 2 weeks prior. I was able to talk the dealer into sending the truck to a 3rd party facility to have it fully inspected prior to putting the deposit down on the truck. They agreed. They gave me the name and numbers of the 3 closest facilities near by. I chose the facility that was closest and most convenient to them. They dropped the truck off, had the inspection completed, they shop emailed me the diagnostic reports. The truck checked out "fine". I then proceeded to put a deposit on the truck.
After a quick browse around, I decided to go check out the truck that I had came to purchase. By the way... As i opened the door, and hopped in, I initially heard air *** from behind the dash, i say the the glass in the top of the studio sleeper roof was cracked (which was never listed), i started the truck and let it idle while i did a quick inspection. The first thing i realized were the tires were extremely bald, so bald that i was afraid to be caught by DOT bobtailing this truck 11 hrs back home. I then proceeded to pop the hood. The first thing i saw was fuel leaking by the fuel filter and dripping on the ground at a pretty rapid rate. As I looked to the left side of the engine i then discovered a very serious and heavy oil leak by the rear main seal. The oil leak was so heavy that after 5 minutes of idle i had to shut the truck off. The "mechanic" told me that it was a used truck and these things were expected. I differed. After about 2 hrs and a series of phone calls. I decided to back out. This truck was not worth the near 40k price tag they listed it at. There was also another noticeable oil leak present at the front top right side of the engine. I ask the "mechanic" (who was clueless) if i could speak with the owner (Bill) or Paul (who I've been in contact with during the past two weeks). He told me that the owner only stays inside and answer phone calls, he doesn't speak directly with customers in person. I began to feel a little suspicious at this point. I told the mechanic to know $2000 off the asking price so that the oil leak could be repaired prior to driving the truck home. He countered with $500 after calling his boss (who was inside the building but refused to come outside).
At that point, i asked for me deposit back. I told them I wouldn't be purchasing the truck. They then informed me that my deposit was non-refundable. The only positive was the picked me up from the airport and brought me back.
Long story short... I spend over $650 in airfares and lost my $1000 deposit. I would not recommend this place to my greatest enemy. They will list all the good things about their truck but will not tell the truth about the bad things.
BE AWARE. THIS PLACE IS A FRAUD. PAUL IS A LIAR AND BILL DOES NOT EXIST. HE GOES BY A PHONY NAME.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Product or service
- Kenworth W900L
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "April 27, Friday, Mailed 3 Passports (mine and my toddlers) and letters going to the Canadian Embassy in Makati April 28, Saturday, 1st attempt : Office Closed : returned to the..."
- "I would also like to announce here the irresponsibility of LBC in handling packages. I sent a small TV thru LBC Singapore bound to Phils and the item was damaged..."
- "We hired Dodge Moving & Storage to transfer our belongings from St. Louis, MO to Granbury, Texas. They basically damaged or destroyed every set we owned. Found out that they..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "Well I took my shih tzu in for his haircut came back to get him wasn't great but didn't care I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect..."
- "Was talked into buying a Lifeproof Fre for my Iphone 6 by the good folks at Verizon. Initially, I thought it was a good idea to protect such an expensive..."
- "The Structured Settlement Quotes (SSQ) website at structuredsettlement-quotes.com website is infected with malware according to a Sucuri Site check scan run on November 28, 2014. Sucuri states that malicious..."
- "Why is it so hard to get paid for my hard work. The new fax and email process is the worst, some people don't have places to live or food..."