Chirping Friends Pets And Supplies - Chirping Friends, Shelby Township, Michigan Killed my Umbrella Cockatoo
This insane place killed my Umbrella Cockatoo Tatoo on December 8, 2015. I brought him in for a simple grooming and they negligently handled him. Darlene attempted to groom Tatoo alone when April got distracted on the phone. That is why I had an appointment so that both April and Darlene could expedite the grooming process. Anyone who knows exotic birds would have been more caring and prepared. Darlene used the Dremel drill alone several times trimming Tatoo's nails. Then Darlene then held Tatoo on the counter using manual nail trimmers on his lower beak. The first time she could not get through his beak. She looked back at April who was on the phone and still ignoring her. Darlene then held Tatoo down on the counter with one hand and used the trimmers with her other. I finally heard it cut. When she unwrapped after 8 minutes of terror, Tatoo looked flat. His breathing was rapid and his feathers looked damp. Darlene walked away uncaring. April was too concerned complaining about her vacation plans and left. I could not believe what I just experienced. I held Tatoo for over an hour at Chirping Friends till he seemed to calm down. Darlene was disinterested and acted like there was not a problem.
When I got him home Tatoo started going into shock from the brutal treatment he received by Darlene. He started crying like a baby. His breathing was rapid. I called Creek Side Animal Hospital and the vet told me to take Tatoo immediately to the Animal Emergency Center in Rochester. When we were almost there Tatoo gave a violent trash and died.
You are warned. Something is very wrong at Chirping Friends. If you still want to risk your precious feathered friend, please intervene immediately when you sense any negligence. Don't assume that Darlene and April know what they are doing. I made a mistake in hesitating when I should have immediately reclaimed Tatoo.
Have the number and address of Animal Emergency Center in Rochester programmed in your phone and GPS. Then you can respond immediately when your feathered friend gets physically hurt or treated negligently.
I was not prepared for the harm that Tatoo received at Chirping Friends. I buried Tatoo when he was only 21. We were only together for 6 short years. Darlene and April were careless, unemotional, and unsympathetic about my precious friend whose care I placed in their responsibility.
Do not expect that Darlene at Chirping Friends will do the right thing.
2516 Auburn Road
Shelby Township, MI 48317
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Chirping Friends Pets And Supplies Grooming Service
- Review category
- Pet Stores
You May Also Like
- "... when you hear "upper or lower" 300 or 400 room number that's the small rooms you aren't able to see..."
- "After being a member on/of for about 6 months, I will never deal with Pet Gift Box again. I love their monthly themed subscription boxes and so does my dog,..."
- "My girlfriend and I wanted a micro Pomeranian, so after looking online at various breeders I contacted Itsy Puppy in late October. I somehow felt comfortable about them being..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- "No where on the U.S. Legal Forms website does it state that if you don't download their forms within a certain amount of time you FORFEIT THE MONEY YOU PAY..."
- "I should have read more about this company before ordering. Quadcopter took forever to get here, but the charge to my card had no problem being immediate. It arrived missing..."
- "This is extortion. It's not legal. It's not moral. It's pointless as well I have screen shots from a professor who when suggested alternatives . I was turned down. The..."