Chips Ahoy - Red Tape on bag

52 of 52 Chips Ahoy reviews

I paid $1 for a 3oz bag of Chocolate chip cookies.The bag had a red piece of tape around it.

I didn't notice that the other bags in the machine did not have this red tape. I ate one of the cookies that tasted very stale. Don't know what the red tape meant or why it was in the machine. The machine is located in a room coming from a hall in which I work.

I am sure that the vending machine person was well aware of how they put the cookies in the machine. I never would have bought them had I known that the others weren't the same. The red tape seam to be compatible with the material of the bag. At this time I am asking for a refund.

I love these cookies and was so anxious to eat them.I only had one dollar change on me that day, so I was not able to eat my cookies.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Review category
Fast Food
review #535002

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Chips Ahoy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 2 No 2
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
52 of 52 Chips Ahoy reviews

May 26, 2016 #1164728

i don't see what's so scary about it, do you really think someone would clearly mark a bag they were trying to poison someone with

0 0 Reply

May 26, 2015 #988286

I had the same issue with a bag of Cheetos Cheese Puffs that came from a multipack of chips. I contacted the company because I thought it had been tampered with. They were quick to respond that it was a mechanical error and not human tampering. Something about the end of the roll in the bag making process. I am waiting for them to send me a mailer for me to send the defective bag to them. I am expecting them to send me coupons for free items as well. You definitely need to contact the manufacturer of the products so they can make good on their error.

0 0 Reply

May 07, 2015 #981072

Go to the machine and call the number located on it.you will have another fresh bag delivered to you and might even have 10$ instead.I would have not eaten it with tape on it but hey if you weren't worried about being poisoned that's your prerogative.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.