Winchester, Virginia

Update by user Aug 08, 2016

In March Children of America contacted my lawyer and requested I send them all of the information again and anything current.So I went through all the paperwork and slew of emotions revived.

It is August and I have never heard back from them.

I am not sure if the intent was to cause us more pain by bringing it all back up or what the point was, but needless to say this is still not been resolved or answered by COA corporate.Shameful is the only thing I can use to describe their practices.

Original review posted by user Jan 29, 2016

My child came home with severe bruising on her arms where her teacher had grabbed and held my child leaving deep bruising on both arms.We took all the right steps - notified COA to see if anything had happened when the answer was no, no incident report or behavior report, we immediately dis-enrolled her, called Social Services and filed charges with the police.

It took about 3 months for the police and Social Services to complete their investigation. While we had uprooted our child immediately, the teacher who did this was allowed to continue working their everyday - her life seemingly to continue as normal and with other children's safety at risk. My child experienced sleepless nights, visits to a counselor, fear of being left again. We lost days at work and paid for all the expense of a new daycare as well as a counselor, the visit to the ER and doctors follow up.

Despite several attempts at communicating with Corporate COA, they are clearly in their non responsiveness, not willing to help with the cost of any of this or accept responsibility and to date (1 year later) have been completely silent on the incident.If the site allowed, I would have attached photos of the injuries.

Review about: Children Of America Childcare.

I didn't like: Abuse and disregard.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Abuse / $100000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Children of America?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.