Child Protective Services - Lakewood CPS should be shut down!!!
My husband and I had a baby 8 months ago.My baby and I tested positive for methamphetamines at the time of birth.
My baby did not have any problems at birth no addiction or withdrawls there wasn't even an administrative hold place from the hospital. We got discharged less then 24hr after birth. before discharge I was told that morning that cps investigator will be coming to interview us because of the positive UA. I was unaware that they did a test but either way, I take medications that will give a false positive on a test I take bupropion and ranitidine which is listed on my chart with the hospital.
After 7 days of being home with our baby we were told to meet the investigator in her office to talk. When we arrived we were cent into a little room and not even 5 mins police was there to take our baby. the reason was because of the test results from the hospital. We have been fighting cps now for 8 months and I have provided several doctors letters that state that my medications will cause a false positive.
The social worker has made my husband and I do parenting assessments, DV assessments, parenting classes, promoting first relations, psyc eval, drug assessments. and dispite the social workers "referral of collateral information" and angry phone conversations with the providers everyone of the services came out fine. Serveral even mention that it is very rewarding to see us with our baby and we do a wonderful job caring for him. We have never had any kind of cps case in the past.
We have a visiting supervisor that never mentioned any sign of me under the influence and my social worker even agrees that there was never any sign of drug use only the positive UAs. The social worker is now telling me to stop my medications so I can prove to her that it is my medications. When I contacted the lab that they use the toxicologist said that yes my medications will cause a positive and the reason I am giving positives even after confirmation is because the lab can not test the ranitidine. I have even provided the emails to the social worker and still they feel that I am doing drugs so they will not allow my baby to return home.
The judge who declaired my dependency made is ruling with only the social workers testimony of hearsay and agreeing that she is not a profecional still allowing her to speak on the positive results and he said it is up to him how much weight he gives it. We are extremely upset that they can just keep our baby and have now set a court date to take my rights I have tried to get help with the ombudsman and the constituent relations but I just get a letter apologizing for them not being able to help because they are understaffed. My attorney is one that is provided to me free and even tho she does try to say she will file a motion and I am doing everything I should be and that she done know why the social worker is not helping reunify our family but she don't do anything about it. The social worker lies to the judge to make my case look worse and when the attorney says anything the judge shuts her down.
This is a huge violation of our rights and the fact that no one will honestly help us makes me sick.
Will I ever find justice and be able to bring my baby boy home.uuuuggghhhhh
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- False acquisition and lies
- Untrained staff
- Reason of review:
- budget is way to high and untrained social workers
- Preferred solution:
- to get my baby back, to have the lakewood cps office shut down and to have the social worker who lies to the judge and everyone with the "refferal of collateral information" put in jail for purjery and the last 8 months of my life back
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Child Protective Services
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I went to this place for a 5 yr olds birthday party to drop a gift because I could not stay due to my son being sick. They owner/worker did..."
- "Don't ever waste your money on rainbow play system. We spent nearly $10,000 in 2012 not even four years later our system looks terrible and is literally rotting away. We..."
- "My child came home with severe bruising on her arms where her teacher had grabbed and held my child leaving deep bruising on both arms. We took all the..."
- "I contacted Tamia at 6478700100 this past tuesday. I went to her motel room in Barrie and we discussed what i was into and then i gave her 200 donations..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."
- "Not delivered as promised, even have detailed instructions on where I live. ..."
- "Thieves broke into Sentry safe stole everything.They use pry bars on the door separated the door broke the welds from the inner door and bent the lock mechanism to open...."
- "We purchased a Yankee Bay Pellet Fireplace Insert about 9 yrs ago. This is the worst stove ever. We have had nothing but continual problems with this stove. We..."