Featured Not resolved

A check cashing business named Cheque Pronto at 1630 Pleasant Hill Rd.Duluth, GA (inside the Assi Plaza Farmer's Market) has flyers, banners, and a tent that advertises you can cash your first check for free as long as it is a paycheck.

I even asked the cashier beforehand and she said "yes, the first check is free". So I present her with my paycheck and she gets my driver's license. She verifies funds on the check and whatever else she has to do to enter my info in their system. When it's time to give me my money, she says it's not the first check free, it's the second check you cash that's free.

What?!?! I point out that all the banners, flyers, and tent/canopy advertise "Cambia tu primer cheque GRATIS" or "Change your first check FREE". Not to mention she confirmed the promotion at the beginning of the transaction! She shrugs and says it's an old promotion.

If it's an old promotion, take it down! If it's still up and all over the store front, honor it! I would understand it it was a stray flyer or two, but the promotion is all over the store front in big banners. Clearly this false advertisement.

There is no fine print or anything that mentions the second check is free.

I bet if I had 5 checks, she'd say the sixth one is the free one.What a waste of my time and gasoline to come to this place.

Review about: Check Cashing.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $20
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Cheque Pronto?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion