Cheque Pronto - False Advertisement in English & Spanish
A check cashing business named Cheque Pronto at 1630 Pleasant Hill Rd.Duluth, GA (inside the Assi Plaza Farmer's Market) has flyers, banners, and a tent that advertises you can cash your first check for free as long as it is a paycheck.
I even asked the cashier beforehand and she said "yes, the first check is free". So I present her with my paycheck and she gets my driver's license. She verifies funds on the check and whatever else she has to do to enter my info in their system. When it's time to give me my money, she says it's not the first check free, it's the second check you cash that's free.
What?!?! I point out that all the banners, flyers, and tent/canopy advertise "Cambia tu primer cheque GRATIS" or "Change your first check FREE". Not to mention she confirmed the promotion at the beginning of the transaction! She shrugs and says it's an old promotion.
If it's an old promotion, take it down! If it's still up and all over the store front, honor it! I would understand it it was a stray flyer or two, but the promotion is all over the store front in big banners. Clearly this false advertisement.
There is no fine print or anything that mentions the second check is free.
I bet if I had 5 checks, she'd say the sixth one is the free one.What a waste of my time and gasoline to come to this place.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Check Cashing
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "please just look at the similarity of designs he sent in comparison to work he has done before I approached luckasz on Facebook as I was looking for a professional..."
- "I was looking to get a fishing lure subscription as a gift for the holidays and i stumbled across a website called Lucky Tackle Box. I looked on their website..."
- "We saw an Ad in "The Hindu" (a small peanut sized ad) stating that one can earn 50000 to 90000 per month with paperplate business by a company called R..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "A few months ago I purchased Highster Mobile Cell Phone Spy software for 69 dollars. The site at http://highstermobile.com did not indicate anything about purchasing a monthly subscription so I..."
- "Why did you guys screw up the photo gallery? It used to be so much nicer and user friendly. There was nothing wrong with it, but you messed it up...."