Cheadle and Cheadle - John Cheadle Jr. Cheadle Law Firm Nashville
Sept 28, 2009
Attorney John Cheadle illegally accessed my credit records in an attempt to collect a debt and his office was never given any authorization by me or anyone acting on my behalf to do so. I do not have an account with the creditor he was collecting for (Bank of America). John Cheadle's office said it was likely that it was someone in my family's account with a similar name and address which does not pertain to me. He and his office asked me to verify who I was under the pretense of resolving this matter and then took my driver license number and social security number and pulled a credit report and reported a 25Kjudgment on my credit report without any written/verbal authorization from me. This was fraud and illegal under all state and federal consumer protection guidelines. Bank of America has verified numerous times that the account, Mr.Cheadle is trying to collect on is not mine. Bank of American even went as far as to send the original application at the time of the opening of the account. This information did not match my birth date; social Security number and did not show as my account. All of this information has been faxed to the office of Mr. Cheadle and Handed to him in person on July 13, 2009 in court yet an illegal judgment for the above amount was entered on my credit report due to an illegal use of my personal credit information by Cheadle and his staff. Bank of America executives in Charlotte NC have called me numerous times to confirm this account and information listed does not belong to me. Mr. Cheadle violated almost every FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) and FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) when he accessed my credit reports and entered a judgment on them without ever receiving any authorization from me. Since this information was entered I have had a garnishment entered by my employer and numerous creditors raise their interest rates on my accounts and reduce my credit line negatively impacting my credit score due to periodic reviews. In addition this has been a stressful and emotionally draining time and caused numerous overdraft fees due to all of the financial problems created by the judgment and subsequent garnishments. This is a very simple case of a credit collector being abusive and overreaching his authority and disregarding state and federal guidelines. Its a very simply matter I have proven to everyone via the original credit card application that does not show my SS# income, or DOB that does not or has never belonged to me.
More Review Details
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Sandy Solomon SCAMMED us with over billing, double billing and charges above imagination. AVOID the Solomon Law Group from Tampa so you will not have to get a threatening "pay..."
- "London & London are the slime of the attorney community. They are a small family owned business specializing, in their own words "By engaging in skip tracing and asset locating,..."
- "This firm that has a slogan "For Dads" was recommended to me by a friend's friend for helping me out after my X claimed that I never paid her child..."
- "I moved into a community shortly after Greystar acquired it, just a few weeks, actually. Since I have moved in, the quality of service and livability of this apartment complex..."
- "This is a great story! I got a call that the Glendale police were at my home looking for my husband for a hit and run, I call him he is..."
- "I too found bugs in mine this past month. Class action suit ? I sent the cookies in and thinking about s lawsuit ..."
- "Even though I bought an extended warranty. Hudson's won't cover me after the leather started to peel off like the cheap leather jacket I bought at the outlet store. Never..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- "I went to get my hair colored the same color of my highlights and by the time she was finished my hair was white, silver, and an off blonde. Yet..."