Verified Reviewer

To Whom it May Concern;

I hired CharterUp to get a charter bus for my bosss basketball team that will head to a tournament in Pittsburg PA. I was given different bus provider choices.

I picked the Z bus company because it has the amenities we wanted, restroom, tv. I agreed to pay $7,508.70 for the said bus provided. I Charted Up agent assured me that we are getting this new bus that I had booked.

For some weird reason, the week of the actual trip, a different bus provided was servicing the trip. The bus company is called City Tours, not only does it not have the same amenities I signed up for, but it was a much older bus.

I then reached out to CharterUp, according to them, Z bus company cannot service the trip because they are fully booked. Needless to say, at this point, it is too late to get a different bus company, so we went ahead proceeded as planned. Prior to the actual departure date, I have sent an updated itinerary to CharterUp, with a new departure time of 5PM. Agent said, they will forward to the bus provider, and they confirmed with me that bus provider got the updated departure time.

Fast forward to the day of the trip, departure time still not updated on the website.

The driver (Ibrahim), then proceeded to pickup the group at 11 AM. Obviously, nobody was there. So, he had to come back at the said 5PM pick up time. Around 7 PM, enroute to the first stop, which is the dinner /restaurant in West Virginia, the bus started slowing down, had to stop on the side of the highway, the driver said nothing to the passengers.

After a couple of minutes of being stalled on the side of the highway, the bus started moving again, it was able to get us to the restaurant but on a slow-moving pace. At that point, we alerted CharterUp of what was going on, we were hoping that they will send a new bus. Somewhere in between the calls to the agent and the agents calls to the bus provider, they have determined that the bus can still service the trip and that the driver assured his supervisor that the bus is good to go. The CharterUp agent assured me that it is indeed good to go.

After dinner, passengers were skeptical of this bus/driver already but at that point have no other choice but to board the said bus.

Needless to say, the bus broke down again in the middle of nowhere PA. This is around 10 PM and the party have been trying to search for alternative transportation to get to where they are going. With no luck, the party had no choice but to check in to the nearest hotel for the night. Parents of the kids have called bus companies, limo service, car rentals, to no avail, there is none.

As per the bus, the driver took it to mechanic shop that determined that a part needed to be replaced for the bus to work properly. As per the driver, part is not going to get there until 11 AM the next day.

Luckily, one of the parents found a small car rental company in Bedford PA. They then loaded everyone and headed to Pittsburg because games start at 1PM. At this point, we secured a ride home to VA for Sunday the 24th via Kings Limo, which we paid $1400 for.

I got a call from CharterUP confirming that we no longer need a ride back to VA from Pittsburg. Of course not, unless you send a whole new bus, nobody will ride a bus that broke down 3 times! I then proceeded to ask for a full refund. So, today, the 4th of May.

I was informed that they will only refund 50% of the cost of the reservation. If, anything, we should get the full refund and have the bus company pas for all the other costs we incurred during this bus problem. If you think you cannot resolve this matter on your side, we are willing to hire a lawyer (at your expense) and take this to small claims court.

Please do shed a light on this matter. Thank you!

User's recommendation: AVOID!!!

CharterUp Cons: Has no other options or solutions, Incompetent company and driver, Customer service.

Comments