I ordered several items from Charming Charlie's online store the Tuesday after Cyber Monday this year.I made sure that all of the items were in stock, none of them had the "only a few left" warnings either.
I placed the order around Tuesday 8:30pm December 2rd with standard shipping. I expected to receive an email about the order being shipped or preparing to ship by that Thursday, since standard shipping said the item would arrive within 5-7 business days. However, I did not receive a shipping confirmation email until December 9th, stating that my order would arrive by December 15th. However, as of December 14th, the order was still in transit and the delivery date was now December 17th.
What is ridiculous though is that from Illinois (original facility) to Atlanta, GA, my shipment traveled via FedEX. But Charming Charlie decided that to send it from Atlanta, GA to Athens, GA (my residence that is 60 miles way) that they were going to transfer my package from FedEX to USPS. Which, sending the shipping information would take an additional TWO days to arrive. When did 5-7 business days extend all the way to TWO SOLID WEEKS??
Especially since it took OVER A WEEK for the order to even get shipped initially!
Super disappointing, wasn't able to wear the jewelry I purchased for a Christmas party two weeks from the purchase date because it wasn't here.Never ordering online from them again, unless I'm fine with not seeing my order for a solid month.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Slow order confirmation
- No notifications on delayed order
- Late delivery
- Change shipping services
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Improve delivery process for online orders; be able to meet the "within 5-7 business days" assumption and notify customers if that changes and makes their orders late.
- Product or service
- Online Order
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "these people deserve to get thrown on the streets.discusting country and discusting people. im having the same problem with returning my *** dresses and they will not comply with sending..."
- "I'm an engineer by education and work as a technical director, so I'm naturally a researcher and like to think I'm pretty careful about anything I do. I had..."
- "On 9/2/12 11:38am, I bought a queen Aerobed at Target, Ca for $216.00. When I opened it later that day for my guests to use, we found it covered with..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida.I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section of..."
- "I am extremely disappointed and furious to have been scammed by this company THE DEAL EMPIRE at the value of $66.80 for the purchase of Body Shaper panties and Slim..."
- "Criminal - Everdry Roofing in Suwanee Georgia is owned by James Scuka and Jamie Scuka. Everdry Roofing in Suwanee was previously Equity Exteriors in Ohio owned by James Scuka. Below..."
- "I bought over $6000 worth of potted 8 ft. nominal longleaf pine trees from TyTy Nursery. They shipped me bare-root twigs that were approx 1 inch diamter and 10-40..."
- "March 21st we took our daughter's one year old Bishon to be spade. We have been on a well-ness plan that was sold to us for that very reason, yet..."