I ordered several items from Charming Charlie's online store the Tuesday after Cyber Monday this year.I made sure that all of the items were in stock, none of them had the "only a few left" warnings either.
I placed the order around Tuesday 8:30pm December 2rd with standard shipping. I expected to receive an email about the order being shipped or preparing to ship by that Thursday, since standard shipping said the item would arrive within 5-7 business days. However, I did not receive a shipping confirmation email until December 9th, stating that my order would arrive by December 15th. However, as of December 14th, the order was still in transit and the delivery date was now December 17th.
What is ridiculous though is that from Illinois (original facility) to Atlanta, GA, my shipment traveled via FedEX. But Charming Charlie decided that to send it from Atlanta, GA to Athens, GA (my residence that is 60 miles way) that they were going to transfer my package from FedEX to USPS. Which, sending the shipping information would take an additional TWO days to arrive. When did 5-7 business days extend all the way to TWO SOLID WEEKS??
Especially since it took OVER A WEEK for the order to even get shipped initially!
Super disappointing, wasn't able to wear the jewelry I purchased for a Christmas party two weeks from the purchase date because it wasn't here.Never ordering online from them again, unless I'm fine with not seeing my order for a solid month.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Slow order confirmation
- No notifications on delayed order
- Late delivery
- Change shipping services
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Improve delivery process for online orders; be able to meet the "within 5-7 business days" assumption and notify customers if that changes and makes their orders late.
- Product or service
- Online Order
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "So back in October 23 2012 i got into this website because i was sure it would be safe because it has a YOUTUBE channel "HRH COLLECTION", oh well silly..."
- "I ordered a mobile phone worth Php 5,499.00 last May 22, I paid it with my smartmoney debit card. After a few hours, customer service called me to verify the..."
- "Someone knock in my door and said they are giving away free salad.. It looks strange but the couple of lady looks very nice, and i said why not.. they..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "Stay away! They guaranteed us a full deep cleaning. One of the owners came to our house for an inspection and we were very specific about what we wanted. We..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "I Got Ripped Off By Rudy Vigil @ West Texas Big Bullies ------------------------------------------------ />This is the orginial post from The Dirty South Bully Boards POSTED BY RUDY VIGIL at WEST..."
- "Waited eagerly for VS Pink's Pink Friday sale at midnight tonight, but I fell into a bit of a bait and switch. They advertised for a jacket and bra top..."
- "Oconee County Walmart, in Georgia has the worst customer service ever! It's almost as if they resent people coming in and shopping. Granted it was 10:30pm on a rainy night,..."