Chandlers Steakhouse - Chandlers Steak House in Boise Idaho Made Me Vomit
Our family went to Chandlers Steak House in Boise Idaho to celebrate my husband’s birthday.We wanted to go to a nice place and found Chandlers Steak house listed on the web.
We even purchased $300 of new clothes to make the night extra special! I should’ve paid attention to the negative reviews about Chandlers, but I thought to myself, ‘how could someone mess up steak?’ When we arrived, they sat us at our table. There were flies everywhere! I don’t like flies in my home let alone anywhere in the vicinity of my food.
If I’m at a picnic, it’s expected but not when I’m paying over $250 for my meal, I shouldn’t be swatting the air every five seconds. To add to the negative atmosphere were our servers. Our waitress, “K”, was snotty and rude, while the bus boy had tattoos up his arms like he should be working in the slaughterhouse. Once again, this was quite shocking for a place that is supposed to be upper class… For an appetizer we ordered shrimp cocktail and crab cakes.
We received FOUR shrimp which cost us $12.00 and TWO GREASY crab cakes that cost us $17.50. I’ve had better tasting and more plentiful portions at Long John Silvers and Red Lobster! It wasn’t enough to feed one person, let alone three. To make matters worse, our dinner salads were topped with sardines!
GROSS!!! No one asked me if I wanted them! They were just piled high atop our salads. I thought it was customary to let the customer decide what they want to eat and how they want to eat it….
Regardless, the fish juice had leaked all over my salad causing me to just push it to the side and leave it uneaten. It tasted fishy and disgusting. My husband and I ordered prime rib Oscar style, $45 a plate – we asked for medium well. After eating the Oscar style topping which consisted of A soupy seafood mix – I ate a few pieces of my prime rib which was buried underneath it.
It tasted funny and therefore, I brushed away the rest of the topping and found that my prime rib was a disgusting bloody mess!!!! It wasn’t cooked! As you will see from the pictures, I didn’t eat it because it was fit for a vampire! In one of the pictures you can see that it was so bloody, it left blood all over the take home container!
We order meat cooked because that is sanitary! I am not a cave man and I don’t need worms! When we complained about the state of our food to our waitress said she could do nothing about it. SHE DIDN’T EVEN OFFER TO TAKE IT BACK AND HAVE THEM COOK THEM LONGER!!!
Nevertheless, we ordered wine to rid our mouths of the awful raw taste of meat! I didn’t want to spoil the evening, but so far, we’d eaten next to nothing. Our main course was uncooked, our salad tasted like they came out of a warm fish tank, and the appetizer portions were small and nothing to write home about. Our daughter ordered the halibut which was mainly a plate full of rice and a few carrots - $33.
Everyone was still hungry so we did something we don’t normally do and ordered desert. The Trifecta tasted like a those chunky candy coating squares you buy in the bakers isle at Walmart. Pure, waxy, white chocolate tasting… When we got home, my stomach felt queasy. To make a long story short, I threw up three times.
I am not a sickly person, but the food at Chandlers Steak house in Idaho literally made me vomit!!!If you’re looking for a fine dining experience – don’t go to Chandlers Steak house in Boise – unless of course you want to swat flies, get treated poorly, eat raw food – pay too much – and throw up!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Wait Staff
- Review category
- Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This is the worst experience Ive ever had at a Golden Corral. I must comment on our hostess Sandra. Her customer service was AWESOME!! But she was clearly being over..."
- "No bacon in the crust. No bacon in the trust! Bad pizza. Way disappointed. SHAME ON YOU BLAKE SHELTON! Wats with this lame pie? No bacon. Almost no cheese?..."
- "I do like Vons, but I do Not like their Overly Inflated Prices on their Smoothies that they sell at their In-House Starbucks local store location. I do buy the same..."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."