Birmingham, Alabama
100% full Not resolved

The Certa ProPainters (corporate) business model is focused, in my opinion, on one thing: Make money. And they do. At the expense of customers and franchisees.

I am a former Certapro Painters franchisee who, like probably hundreds of others, suffered severe financial loss. Like possibly hundreds of others experienced the Certapro Painters franchisee failure rate which, I believe, may be 90% or more.

Their marketing wants you to believe they're an experienced, reliable, trustworthy painting company offering quality work. Yet they have advertised their franchises saying, "No experience necessary". Their model also includes hiring subcontractors to do the work. Those subcontractors may be paid only 50% or so of the cost of the job. And whether or not those subcontractors provide quality work is, in my opinion and experience, dubious at best. Certapro franchisees may also avail themselves of illegal immigrant labor, perhaps because they know undocumented workers are not going to complain to any authority and may very will work long hours for less. And Certapro may not cover them with workers' comp. coverage or liability insurance.

Why would you hire a painting company which sells franchises with "no experience necessary", which may use poorly skilled subcontractors, and whose costs may be higher because they must pay royalty and other fees to the franchise?

When Certapro franchisees fail, they may be forced to sign a gag agreement forbidding them from saying anything negative about Certapro.

In my opinion, go for an established, independent, local painter who has references.

Review about: Certapro Painters Franchise A Recipe For Failure.

I didn't like: In my opinion - fraud.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Deception / Not specified
Preferred solution Certapro Painters should stop selling franchises

Had an Experience with Certapro?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.