My husband and I have been in our home for a month and are very disappointed in the product the Century delivered to us. This is our first home and were very excited about going through the process of having our home built from the ground up. We hired an outside inspector to inspect the house prior to our walk through and we are so glad we did. Unfortunately, the inspector was even shocked by the condition of the home with us being a week out from closing. There were so many issues and the house was incomplete.

Related: Century Communities House Construction Review from Fairburn, Georgia

The interior paint job is HORRIBLE. We found several holes in the wall and places where they fixed imperfections and did not come back to paint them. I have contacted the agents several times (within the first 30 days) regarding the cracks in our walls, crown molding and base boards and have yet to hear from anyone. The contractors/building managers are not very friendly and do not care about the quality of the work being done in the homes.

If we could do it all over again, we would have walked away from this home and never closed on it. If you are considering purchasing a home from Century, please think twice about. If you are in the process of building a home with them please hire an inspector.

Review about: Whisper Court.

Review #951954 is a subjective opinion of a user.

1.5
Turnaround Time
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Century Communities?

Comments

#1331932

I agree with you 100% I would like to let buyers know please do not sign and initial that form that's given to you the day before you close read the top of it and it states non-warranty after the close. Please do not trust what the builder is telling you because remember they trying to close.

Denver, Colorado, United States #1242795

While I don't want to go thru the house hunt process again, I'm now uncertain and getting cold feet.We are scheduled to close on the 28th.

Poor communications; the ball was dropped again and a couple of promises made that have been ignored.

When I happened to stop by the property 2 days ago, I was told the walk thru would be next day. They were not close to ready to walk but I was assured that they could do miracles. (HGTV they are not.) I told him that we would not be able to make it and I did not see the site mgr again.

I went to the sales office to explain to a new employee and she made a couple of text inquires (no data base communications?). I received an email that just said "walk thru rescheduled." No comment or explanation, no apology.

Now my inspector is scheduled to show up an hour before the walk through w/ Century... hope that we don't have too much trouble but I'll forego the closing and risk losing my deposit, I guess.

GAH! Then put my stuff in storage? and find another place to live. Hoo boy.

What a hassle.

The housing market is tough w/ the shortage of condos, town homes and houses, but if you can wait it out a bit, look for another builder. There is also a shortage of laborers so I have to wonder if the quality of work is suffering as a direct result.

Check reviews online before signing with anyone.

At least we have the opportunity to review online these days; we should exploit...

Suggestions anyone?

Century_Communities

We are sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience. If you would please contact David Grant in our Denver office by phone at 877-869-6748 or DavidGr@centurycommunities.com to gather additional information about the situation, and we will then help connect you with the appropriate Century Communities team member.

Duluth, Georgia, United States #1241993

Sounds like a bunch of cosmetic items that could easily be fixed

Cumming, Georgia, United States #1239835

Wow!!We live in *** and have been seriously considering building in there.

Starting to have second thoughts.Have you found any other issues since you have moved in?