Update added by user Apr 30, 2013
Update: Company has made additional FRAUDULENT CHARGES to my credit card. I did not even see them until my card company contacted me becasue they thought it was suspicious!
DO NOT deal with this company unless you want to be double/triple charged, extra charges showing up on your card, and be told to "f*** off if you don't like it".
Original review posted by user Mar 29, 2013
After purchasing a repair service and sending in my phone, I was told I needed to buy an unnecessary part - a $2 part that they wanted $45 for! (I know, I bought one myself) When I refused, I was told that I instead needed to purchase a second repair service instead. When I explain that I already had bought the service, they AGREED and then said I just needed to buy the part again instead. When I explained that the part was provided, the AGREED and tried to *** me into buying a second repair service again.
They've been forced to admit that I'VE ALREADY PAID for and provided everything I needed to, but they still twice tried to *** me into paying over 20x what the part should cost and twice trying to scam me by claiming I needed to buy a second repair service.
Clearly they are flip-flopping and backpedaling, struggling to find some way to cheat me by making me pay twice the advertised price in a bait-and-switch scam after fraudulently misrepresenting their repair services.
- - -
As a separate issue, they claim to be a BBB accredited business, but THEY ARE NOT! This is again fraudulently misrepresenting their business.
- - -
My third complaint is that they state it will take "24 to 72 hours for your order to be processed and shipped" - that is up to 3 days for your phone to be back in the mail on its way to you. As as my phone was delivered to them, they said it would take "3 - 5 days" just for a diagnostic, which is unnecessary because I told them exactly what's wrong and what to repair. Two weeks in, and they are holding my phone hostage in the same bait-and-switch scam.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cell Phone Repair
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Warrantech extended warranty company is a scam, the customer service supervisor Chris Tyner is very rude . Todd Griffin Customer Care supervisor is racist. When I..."
- "They failed to provide the fact that it is strictly a middle man company, and that after purchasing your local number you still have to pay for an account directly..."
- "On Friday evening a DirecTV employee accessed my roof and trespassed illegally. There were a total of 6 signs that this technician ignored. Not only did he set off the..."
- "Purchased from Home Depot a RO water filtration system, it leaked and caused damage. They sent plumbers to repair it a few times and the damage under the sink cannot..."
- "Purchased these green beans a day ago. I don't know what is in it but it is nasty. I would like to be contacted about this. I don't know if..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- " Went to eat a scary cake today and unwrapped it and there was some "white stuff" on the outside of the cake like mold so I looked at the other..."
- "I received flowers today 02/14/2014 for Valentines day from my husband and they are HORRIBLE. They are pink roses and another flower I don't even know what it is because..."
- "I ordered a double sided booth for our school library. We didn't have the money to go with another company. In fact we ordered it with donations from..."