Casecoco.com - FALSE ADVERTISING, TERRIBLE PRODUCTS

4 of 4 Casecoco reviews

Ordered two ipad mini cases for a total of $30. While processing my credit card information, I was directed to a foreign website (alipay or something like that), then quickly directed back to casecoco.com. I ended up with a foreign transaction fee, which was not something I anticipated since the invoice clearly said USD.

I received the cases and they are GARBAGE. Honestly, not even worth a dollar. The graphics are not colorful, almost black and white, and barely distinguishable unless you're 1/10th of an inch away from the case looking at it. It looks like they were left out in the bright sun for years and faded from the images they portray on the website. These were to be a Christmas gift, and didn't arrive until 12/21 so I had to make a last minute order from another website so I'd have my nephew's gifts on time.

I contacted casecoco to return. Their website specifically states "FREE SHIPPING. FREE RETURNS. ALWAYS." This is false advertising. They would not send me information to return. They offered me a $10 refund (yes that's less than 1/3 of what I paid). I told them definitely not, and then they wanted pictures of my defective merchandise, which I promptly sent. Then they offered me $13. Again, no way- I got a junk product and want to send it back for a FULL refund.

During the back and forth, they also told me that it's holiday in China (new years) and shipping is delayed. I said I had no problem with that. Then they said if they get the return it might take 2 months to refund me money. Again, I had no problem with it... just wanted the darn return label! Then they said that usually returns get lost in the mail and they never get them back & they can't return my money unless they receive the cases back. Sounds like a nice way of saying "hey buddy, we're not giving your money back no matter what."

They told me to go ahead and send them back... well guess who gets to pay for shipping? Not them... me. And guess what it costs to ship back to China? More than the cases cost. Guess who is out more than $30 because they fell for this SCAM of a website? ME.

I am currently disputing the charge through my credit card company because they won't let me return defective merchandise. Hopefully I can get my money back that way. If I had been somehow informed that this was a foreign based website pretending to be a US company I would have never, ever ordered from them.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 4 Casecoco reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 26, 2015 #988243

Well number one, sorry to burst your bubble about the above rant but there is really no false advertising. I ordered a case from them last year and (though the wait time took several weeks) the case turned out amazing. It is just barely falling apart already, yet the design looks amazing. You bought two cases and expected a full refund? Most normal retailers don't let you do that, and you tried to do it with a Chinese-run company.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Casecoco.
Filing a new complaint about
×