Ordered two ipad mini cases for a total of $30. While processing my credit card information, I was directed to a foreign website (alipay or something like that), then quickly directed back to casecoco.com. I ended up with a foreign transaction fee, which was not something I anticipated since the invoice clearly said USD.
I received the cases and they are GARBAGE. Honestly, not even worth a dollar. The graphics are not colorful, almost black and white, and barely distinguishable unless you're 1/10th of an inch away from the case looking at it. It looks like they were left out in the bright sun for years and faded from the images they portray on the website. These were to be a Christmas gift, and didn't arrive until 12/21 so I had to make a last minute order from another website so I'd have my nephew's gifts on time.
I contacted casecoco to return. Their website specifically states "FREE SHIPPING. FREE RETURNS. ALWAYS." This is false advertising. They would not send me information to return. They offered me a $10 refund (yes that's less than 1/3 of what I paid). I told them definitely not, and then they wanted pictures of my defective merchandise, which I promptly sent. Then they offered me $13. Again, no way- I got a junk product and want to send it back for a FULL refund.
During the back and forth, they also told me that it's holiday in China (new years) and shipping is delayed. I said I had no problem with that. Then they said if they get the return it might take 2 months to refund me money. Again, I had no problem with it... just wanted the darn return label! Then they said that usually returns get lost in the mail and they never get them back & they can't return my money unless they receive the cases back. Sounds like a nice way of saying "hey buddy, we're not giving your money back no matter what."
They told me to go ahead and send them back... well guess who gets to pay for shipping? Not them... me. And guess what it costs to ship back to China? More than the cases cost. Guess who is out more than $30 because they fell for this SCAM of a website? ME.
I am currently disputing the charge through my credit card company because they won't let me return defective merchandise. Hopefully I can get my money back that way. If I had been somehow informed that this was a foreign based website pretending to be a US company I would have never, ever ordered from them.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- False advertising
- Back and forth
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ipad Cases
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a simple Plantronics Explorer 50 from Newegg on December 22nd from one of their "marketplace sellers" and it has been nothing but a nightmare. It is now Jan..."
- " I've purchased from Gearbest.com in March 04th, 2016 this Blue RC Car (model Wltoys A949)(http://www.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_227253.html) but they just sent me a different Blue RC Car. So, I..."
- "On March 14th I ordered a Cube i7 Tablet that was offered for $304 from gearbest, naturaly I added a stylus and a keyboard to the order. Friday March 18th, I..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "My session at B-Precious photography had the quality like it was done on an old school phone camera. I thought I was getting a great deal since she was cheaper..."
- "Have been contacting Mobstub for over 2 months sending in pictures again and again. Have not received the correct pair of earrings ordered. Ordered 3 pairs of earrings, white gold..."
- "Our host took the key with her as she was moving out. Notified is the day before our arrival of this . She said we needed to pick up the..."
- "Placed an order online on Dec.5th. I called on Dec.17th and was guaranteed the item would arrive the next day. It didn't! I called back and they said it would..."