Ordered two ipad mini cases for a total of $30. While processing my credit card information, I was directed to a foreign website (alipay or something like that), then quickly directed back to casecoco.com. I ended up with a foreign transaction fee, which was not something I anticipated since the invoice clearly said USD.
I received the cases and they are GARBAGE. Honestly, not even worth a dollar. The graphics are not colorful, almost black and white, and barely distinguishable unless you're 1/10th of an inch away from the case looking at it. It looks like they were left out in the bright sun for years and faded from the images they portray on the website. These were to be a Christmas gift, and didn't arrive until 12/21 so I had to make a last minute order from another website so I'd have my nephew's gifts on time.
I contacted casecoco to return. Their website specifically states "FREE SHIPPING. FREE RETURNS. ALWAYS." This is false advertising. They would not send me information to return. They offered me a $10 refund (yes that's less than 1/3 of what I paid). I told them definitely not, and then they wanted pictures of my defective merchandise, which I promptly sent. Then they offered me $13. Again, no way- I got a junk product and want to send it back for a FULL refund.
During the back and forth, they also told me that it's holiday in China (new years) and shipping is delayed. I said I had no problem with that. Then they said if they get the return it might take 2 months to refund me money. Again, I had no problem with it... just wanted the darn return label! Then they said that usually returns get lost in the mail and they never get them back & they can't return my money unless they receive the cases back. Sounds like a nice way of saying "hey buddy, we're not giving your money back no matter what."
They told me to go ahead and send them back... well guess who gets to pay for shipping? Not them... me. And guess what it costs to ship back to China? More than the cases cost. Guess who is out more than $30 because they fell for this SCAM of a website? ME.
I am currently disputing the charge through my credit card company because they won't let me return defective merchandise. Hopefully I can get my money back that way. If I had been somehow informed that this was a foreign based website pretending to be a US company I would have never, ever ordered from them.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- False advertising
- Back and forth
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ipad Cases
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "Ordered a Panzer DNA 200 Mod of ThinkVape. When it got here was so happy - but after 3 daysit broke. Gearbest offered me 20$ refund if I send it back..."
- "Date: Sep 23, 2015 Perk: Early Bird - 200 cm 1 Brand New MicFlip Cable ( 200 cm length ) FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING Estimated Delivery Date: Sep 15, 2015 Contribution Amount: Early Bird..."
- "I applied for a position with 3D Printing, Inc. in July, 2013. This job posting was found on Careerbuilder.com. On July 11, 2013, I was accepted for the position of..."
- "I purchased several cloth calendars from Family Dollar at Christmas time annually for years. They are they year in one cloth calendars with a string and a dowel rod to..."
- "I purchased a reload it pack in the beginning of December 2016. I attempted to set up an account on their website. (This is my first ever experience with this..."
- "I spent good money on a can of planters deluxe mixed nut an when i open the can i find a lot of nesty green nuts all in this can..."
- "Our host took the key with her as she was moving out. Notified is the day before our arrival of this . She said we needed to pick up the..."
- "Placed an order online on Dec.5th. I called on Dec.17th and was guaranteed the item would arrive the next day. It didn't! I called back and they said it would..."