Washington, District Of Columbia
100% full Not resolved

I purchased an engagement ring from Cartier Iberia in December 2012, proposing to my now wife.After less than three years from the date of purchase (2 years 10 months), the ring has cracked in the middle.

My wife sent the ring to the local Cartier in Chevy Chase for fixing. The branch sent the ring to the master jeweler, who then sent us a quote of 249 usd for fixing the crack. I am amazed and deeply disturbed by the poor quality of the rings in Cartier. When I bought the ring, the sales woman clearly explained to me that the quality of Cartier rings is unmatched.

Well, unfortunately, this is now proven as untrue. The master jeweler states that the ring suffered an obvious impact, and that is the reason for the crack in the ring. My wife is not one to do extreme sports, nor wear the ring doing any type of extrenous activity. In fact, she is quite careful with the use of her rings.

Additionally, she wears her wedding band that is of equal size and purchased from what I thought was a lower quality jewlery store. Her wedding ring has no defects. If in fact the cause of the crack in the engagement ring would have been from an impact, then the wedding band would have some equal or similar evidence of it. And there is none.

I am astounded at the fact of having to pay for this repair, especially since the warantee on the ring ended so recently.And to blame the damage on user wear is a pathetic attempt at shifting blame for a poor quality product.

Review about: Cartier Engagement Ring.

I didn't like: No warranty, Blame user wear, Poor quality.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $4000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Cartier?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.