Update added by user Apr 11, 2014
Just a quick update a few weeks after contacting head office I was able to have Carstar NOT take any responsibility but after many phone calls I was able to have them agree to pay for 50% of the wiper blade repair.
When taking my vehicle again to Carstar to have the wipers repaired they managed to break the casing for the wiper blade motor and never told me.
They also fail to replace screws to the casing.This is the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with.
PLEASE DO NOT USE CARSTAR THEY HAVE NO PRIDE IN THEIR WORK OR OTHER PEOPLES POSSESSIONS.
oh and also when they repaired the window shield they broke then never sealed it properly and I had to take it to another shop to get this repaired by real professionals.
Original review posted by user Feb 07, 2014
I took my car into Carstar after an accident and here is what happened:
When I arrived to pick up the vehicle, the employee assured me that it was in complete working order. Thus, I paid my deductible and signed off on the paper work for the insurance company, only to find out now my wiper blades were not functioning at all. I contacted the Carstar store representative to explain the situation where he responded “Bring it in and will have a look”.
Upon bringing in my vehicle in for the second time the real disaster started. Carstar had examined my wiper blades, motor and wiring where they had told me that there seems to be no power going to the motor and it was not accident related. Once I received this news I went down to Carstar to speak with the store manager about this problem only to find out my vehicle was not at the Carstar location where I had dropped my Passat off but had been moved over to another automotive company called Verwey Automotive and I would need to go down to this automotive location as they need to speak with me about my Passat. Once I arrived at Verwey Automotive they told me they had been instructed to do an alignment on my vehicle and I would need to now purchase new tire rods for my vehicle as mine were ceded. At this time I gave no permission to do this service nor was I told this work had not been completed prior to my first pickup of the vehicle. From here I needed to travel back (on foot) to the Carstar location to speak with the store manager to understand how they returned my vehicle without fulfilling the original work agreement. After speaking with the store manager they assured me they would take care of the issue and put me in a rental for the day until my car was fixed.
1. Returned car without properly completing repairs
2. Not properly filling out paper work/communicating with Verwey Automotive that certain repairs have not been completed on the Passat
3. Lost power to wiper blades
For my return the third time to pickup my vehicle, my Passat was not located at the Carstar location but left over at Verwey Automotive where I then had to go over to this location to pick up my vehicle, once again receiving my vehicle with the wiper blades still not functioning and now on top of this a cracked windshield. So once again I went back to Carstar to make another complaint and yet again said they would take care of this issue leaving me with no vehicle yet another day and walking home in freezing temperatures.
On my fourth visit to receive my vehicle, my windshield had been fixed but still no wiper blades and they are refusing to make it right.
I have contacted head office and they seem to not want to take this issue seriously and pass the buck. They also did not seemed to concerned about the complaint.
I would encourage you to all write in your stories about Carstar as I know I am not the only one that has run into these issues.
Please stay away from this company as they don't care about the customer nor do they care about the quality of work.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Auto Accident Claims
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "My generator’s engine self destructed in less than one day’s operation on a light load.I took it to a B&S dealer for warrantee repair and after a cursory inspection was..."
- "Problems: Dropped of 2004 Nissan Titan on 12/9 to have it painted Nissan white Q10. Agreed upon price $1,375. Was told work would be completed by Friday 12/13. Placed call..."
- "On 10-31-13 my 22 year old son was involved in a serious high speed read end accident. He was sitting at a red light when hit by a Toyota SUV..."
- "Received an offer stating that I would receive 25000 Aeroplan miles for renting a water heater from Direct Energy. Called several times to confirm the offer. Each time the representative..."
- "ATV WAS DIAGNOSED AT TWO REPAIR SHOP AND BOTH DETERMINED IT WAS THEY CAMSHAFT THAT NEEDED REPLACING AND THE CARBURATOR NEEDED REBUILT. Ebay Item number: 200390388700 but it came with..."
- "Ordered the " Large Elegant Fruit Basket" described as "fresh array of delicious domestic and tropical fruits such as grapes, apples, oranges. pineapple, mango, and kiwi etc...(15 LBS). Price was..."
- "I purchased two tickets (order number 6743462) for an Adele concert at the Genting Arena (LG Arena), Birmingham on 29 March 2016 for £405.97. Our seat numbers were Section E,..."
- "For the record I am professional whom runs a business that starts and finishes with customer service. Additionally, I usually let experiences in my personal life that pertain to poor..."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."