Carson Rose and Associates - Carson Rose & Associates Liars, Discrimination.
After not being paid for services rendered (web design), My client and I became engaged in a bitter fight. His attorney issued a cease & desist order asking that I make no contact with him.
Perhaps a week later I received a phone call from a Don Nicodemous. He identified himself as being with a collections law firm (Carson Rose & Assoc.). He explained he knew I was trying to collect money from a client ($4k), and informed me that "there were "others trying to collect from him" as well. Naturally I was curious.
He asked if I were interested in having his firm try to collect for me as well. I carefully outlined all details of my situation including the C & D order from my clients attorney. I specifically asked, "Is there any conflict with that?" He replied,'No - one has nothing to do with another'. Based on his information, and his advising I really had "nothing to lose", I was faxed a collections contract, signed it, faxed it back.
Within two days I received a call from my ex-clients attorney advising me that the harassing calls from Don Nicodemous were, in fact, a violation of the Cease & Desist. She was very careful in describing the dynamic. She advised my-ex client was going to take further legal action in light of my breach of the C & D.
Wanting to minimize damage and collect my thoughts, I contacted Carson Rose & Assoc., Don Nicodemous in particular, and explained his advice and assurance regarding the C & D was totally wrong/inaccurate - and in fact I faced further legal action unless Carson Rose & Assoc ceased all collection efforts immediately.
Nicodemous was abrupt and seemed terribly angry. I admonished him that had he not lied, telling me the Cease & Desist order was unrelated to his collection effort, I would not be in this situation.
After ranting a while, Nicodemous informed me there was a covenant in the Carson Rose contract that forbid me to cancel collections! Beyond, if I did stop the collection effort, I would be responsible to pay his 1/3 commission or $1,300.
I was outraged and very directly pointed out had he not lied about collections conflicting with the Cease & Desist - and had he informed me I would be responsible for his commissions if I needed to cancel his service, I would never have retained his services.
Nicodemous then hung up, without a word. Within 10 minutes an invoice from Carson Rose & Assoc. was faxed over requesting immediate payment of the $1,300 in
As I tried to call and e-mail to make my case, I found Carson Rose & Assoc had BLOCKED my phone number and e-mail address.
Interestingly - another web designer had the exact experience with my ex-client, after picking up where my work left off. She (Chis) had a terrible experience with this client as well, invoiced him, was not paid either, and issued a Cease & Desist order as she tried to collect.
Literally identical situations.
Having this in common Chris contacted me and we shared our common experience.
She had received a call from Carson Rose & assoc. (remarkable, hm?) and was told (as was I), that her C & D had NOTHING to do with collections, etc. She stopped the collections as I did, after the attorney advised her of further legal action.
CR&A invoiced Chris, as they did me, demanding she pay the commission herself. Chris took the matter to heart more quickly than I, did quite a bit of research, and found some fascinating information regarding CR&Associates.
1. All collections entities in Texas are required to post an "A Surety Bond" of $10k with the States Attorney's office. We were informed by the Sec'y Of State (TX.) that
CR&A had no such bond with the Attorney General's Office - and therefor was NOT LICENSED to DO BUSINESS in Texas. The paper work, from the same agency, is being mailed to us as I write this.
2. After Chris had filed several reports on RipOffReports.com, PissedOffConsumers.com, and found a good deal of personal information that would be unquestionably embarrassing to Brandon Douglas Bradshaw (V.P. of CR&A), posting this information as well (http://www.amazingwebdesignservices.com/carson/recordings.htm), Chris finally got Doug's attention and he called her.
She provided Doug with THE DIGITALLY TAPED CONVERSATION WITH DON NICODEMOUS (his first call in which he lied to her - as he did too me). After hearing Don manipulate the truth and misrepresent himself and CR&A, Doug e-mailed Chris admitting Nicodemous was wrong, "would be reprimanded", and assured her he would dismiss her invoice offering his apologies:http://www.amazingwebdesignservices.com/carson/dougemail1.jpg, which he did! But not mine?
Please remember that Chris' situation (Cease & Desist), and mine, were virtually IDENTICAL. Since I had not begun business tactics that a cowboy mentality group such as CR&A understands, they as of this writing have blocked all attempts to make contact. Dismissing Chris' invoice, and NOT ADDRESSING MINE, is commonly called DISCRIMINATION. You must treat IDENTICAL situations in IDENTICAL ways, without bias or prejudice. CR&A isn't very effective with the law, nor have they fully recognized what their DISCRIMINATORY actions will cost them. I have sent overnight paperwork showing in detail my identical circumstances, and requesting they dismiss my invoice as they did Chris'. Tomorrow (October 15th) will tell much of what is to follow.
3. Both Chris and I have been hung up on, and Doug Bradshaw seems to have little problem with woman & profanity. If you'd browse to the following URL:
http://www.amazingwebdesignservices.com/carson/recordings.htm, and find your way to the bottom of the page Chris has created, you'll be be able to click the sound bar and hear Doug's profane manner of communicating in business.
You'll find a good deal of other fascinating data that Chris unearthed. Check the page carefully.
I DEMAND Carson Rose & Assoc. vacate my invoice, as they did Chris', for the lies I was presented with, and misrepresentation that created this nuisance matter.
There hardly seems need to redundantly advise, but do consider this information and all that Chris has discovered as well before doing ANY business with Carson Rose & Associates. They are currently advertising for "INSIDE SALES REPS" (Nicodemous' smarmy job) on Monster.com, in the Washington Post, and various other employment venues. Perhaps those who carry their ads should consider CR&A are apparently not bonded in Texas, and therefore doing business without license. This is documented. Contact us and we can provide the phone number for the Attorney General's Office. Ask if CR&A has an A Surety Bond with the Sec'y of States office. They will tell you "NO".
Keep an eye on Carson Rose & associates name. I'm waiting to hear from Doug Bradshaw tomorrow (10-15-09). If my invoice is NOT dismissed, as was Chris' for Don's lies, We'll have some fascinating follow-ups on the "organization" and it's principles and puppets.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Collection Agency
- Review category
- Collection Agencies
You May Also Like
- "I got two diffrent bills in from yall the other day and it says the first one was bck in 95 i was only 13 then and another bck for..."
- "They are very deceptive people. I received a letter about a Loan Rehabilitation Program. They letter from Dave Finney, the so-called "Collection Manager" estimated my payment to be..."
- "I have a different phone company for over three years. All of a sudden i opened a account on dec 2015 and owe 1,200 dallors. It is on my..."
- "WE STAYED AT KNIGHTS INN, IN COLORADO SPRINGS OFF CIRCLE DRIVE. LAST NIGHT MY FIANCE WHO IS DISABLED, HIS SUGAR DROPPED FROM HIS LIVER DISEASE AND THE AC BROKEI..."
- "I bought carpeting for three bedrooms and a hallway. I paid for extra padding and a more expensive padding at the salesman's suggestion. The day of installation left a multitude..."
- "I have just resolved a month-long battle to get my (partially) repaired phone returned. • I accepted Elite’s quote for repair on 03/11 and on 04/11 delivered it to the local..."
- "Harry and David has gone down hill and I will never order from them again. I recently d a box of "Royal Riviera Pears". These are NOT the Royal Riviera..."
- "I don't understand how you advertise a purfume sale but no one has any stock some of the warehouses state that they never received any to start with and others..."