Carriers 4 Less - Failure to deliver service paid for - no refund as promised
Update added by user Apr 10, 2014
After following several recommendations to pursue a return of my money, and after providing irrefutable proof of the promise of a refund via a third party, I received a refund.
Original review posted by user Mar 13, 2014
A friend found Carlos Catala/Carriers4Less for me. My son had just gone up to Virginia after finishing his A School for his Naval assignment. Instead of doing my own due diligence, I never even looked his name or company up, or I would have never sent him my money.
I really had no idea how this worked, just that funds were tight due a car accident I had been in, and it was crucial for my son to have his car.
Even with the first "duh" moment, I was ready to give Carlos the benefit of the doubt. In our conversations, he had told me he too, had been in the Navy, and that they would reimburse my expenses, to my son. I almost cried, thinking that was possible. In retrospect, and after completion by another broker & carrier, and understanding how it SHOULD be done, I was never given a pick up time - it was "general". Friday February 7, 2014 at 6 p.m. was the latest the driver was going to leave after all the pickups.
I run my own business, so I needed a real time. I never got the carriers name/phone number or a pickup time. I was panicking by the time Friday rolled around, my cashiers check had been cashed (delivered by FedEx via his FedEx account), he said he never got it, FedEx showed delivered. I google earth the address and it's an apartment complex. I send him an email, and he finally calls, apologizes and tells me his wife was in labor for 22 hours with their first child, a son. I, say I understand. He says he will have the car picked up Monday.
Monday, still no time, driver, etc. I have no idea. He sends me text telling me I've sent him an email accusing him of fraud and that I need to find another carrier and he will send a refund.
I am an internet professional, and ask him to forward the full email, including headers. He winds up blocking me (reported me to Spamcop, it appears) - I sent him another email through another email account that went through. ***, that I am - I STILL am waiting on him to pick up the car (you see, he presented himself not as a broker, but as having a fleet as well).
I finally found another carrier after sending out a basic SOS and being slammed with broker calls and e-mails. I chose someone who heard my story, and only took a fraction of their broker fee stating, these kinds of people are the ones that give us a bad name. Within 20 minutes of paying the fee, I had not only the general pickup time, but the name & cell phone number of the driver. Wow...now that makes sense. Not waiting and wondering on who is going to transport your car?
Now, I am sure that Carols put my car on a board. I am sure of this, because as late as two weeks ago, I was still getting calls. One broker took the time, to look at the job posting, and explained some things to me. I have learned a hard lesson.
I gave Carlos the opportunity to make good on his promise to refund my money. Remember HE offered it up - I wanted my son's car delivered. I sent him a certified letter. He signed for it.
I do not have my refund. I didn't expect my refund. My only hope is that other people search for this man and this company. He has so many DBA's and complaints, and responses to the complaints.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Pick Up
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "I would also like to announce here the irresponsibility of LBC in handling packages. I sent a small TV thru LBC Singapore bound to Phils and the item was damaged..."
- "A friend found Carlos Catala/Carriers4Less for me. My son had just gone up to Virginia after finishing his A School for his Naval assignment. Instead of doing my own due..."
- "We hired Dodge Moving & Storage to transfer our belongings from St. Louis, MO to Granbury, Texas. They basically damaged or destroyed every set we owned. Found out that they..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "I purchased a formal dress from modlily. It took them forever yo send it and once they did, it was the wrong item and the wrong size. The dress the..."
- "This is the 3rd time second time I received such bad service at 2808 N. Sam Houston Parkway location in Houston, Texas.The first time, I ordered a chicken sandwich, they..."
- "Where do I begin? I am highly dissapointed I hear terrible reviews about walmart but did not believe them. Now I am a believer of the terrible and horrible customer..."