Carlton Hotels - Hotel Falsely Claimed Travel Agency Had to Change Rate
Carlton Al Moaibed Hotel, Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
I stayed 7 nights. First night stayed in suite (arrived middle of night). Refundable, booked online at Expedia. Expedia collected nothing; all charges are to hotel. I was charged 1 night's lodging at check-in; balance due at check-out.
Suite was sub-standard in many ways. Retrofitted with odd design; armoires in a tiny alcove with bathroom door across and "door to nowhere" (see photo) in this alcove. No desk in living area, rather in a dark corner of dark bedroom. Next morning I moved to get consistent internet (suites in far corners), a window with drapes that would open more than a tad, and something to look at other than a concrete wall a few feet outside the window. Also, only clothing rack higher than I could reach without a chair. I moved my things myself to a regular room on same floor, same side of hallway: pool view, better internet, a normal height clothes rack, and even had nicer/newer furnishings. It was just one room instead of two but that was fine; bathroom was identical. See photos of windows with drapes that would not open more than a little; door to nowhere with permanent lock; tacky, too tall armoires.
During my stay I twice asked about adjusting the price down to a regular room for remaining 6 nights. I was told (incorrectly) that because it was booked through Expedia, only Expedia could change it. Expedia said this was bogus; that because hotel was charging me directly Expedia was not in the mix. As a courtesy, Expedia tried each time I called to get hold of a hotel manager but could not. Finally, when Expedia reached someone they were told I had waited too long to complain! At checkout I asked again and got same story from hotel and pressured to settle the bill --- as a foreigner I did not want to make too many waves. I have disputed with my credit card and that is dragging on.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Rate Change
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This is an update to the complaint against Panther Knob Cottage Rental, owner Susan Bates As of this date January 13, 2015 nothing has been resolved!! But this is business..."
- "This is a SCAM. I was fresh out of college when I signed up and way to naive to understand that I was being duped. I received a call saying..."
- "Public Advisory not for family and children! #####Avoid Value Place Plainfield,IN 46168 Avoid###### Value Place aka Woodspring Suites 6295 gateway blvd. Plainfield,IN 46168 ValuePlace Plainfield Indianapolis and nationwide are all bad places! Value Place..."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "Chrysler Capital Auto Leasing refuses to terminate lease dismisses or acknowledge that they failed in Specific Performance on their contract by negating malfunctioning Jeep vehicle problems........ FCA Recall S55/NHSTA 16V-529..."
- "Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model. "Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the..."
- "HOME STYLE FURNITURE July 2014 I purchased a 1500.00 game table with four chairs for our summer home. The first time my husband sat in one of the chairs the..."
- "I purchased a 2015 Arctic Fox camper new, I complained to the factory early after my purchase about the shower floor not being level with the floor, I was told..."