Carlos 4 Seasons Landscaping And Snow Removal - Lack of professionalism and customer service
First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working.They know their stuff and are good at what they do.
NEGATIVE: I hired the company to grade and grass seed my yard. Over the past two months, the company has had TERRIBLE punctuality. I have heard excuses ranging from "I decided to go fishing" to "I'll be there today" and I didn't hear from them for 3 days. When they first discussed pricing with us, they quoted us a verbal price (no written contract.
MAKE SURE YOU GET A WRITTEN CONTRACT) with a verbal guarantee that they will not finish until I was satisfied. We had to pay half up front and the balance was to be paid when "we were satisfied". Right before the yard was complete I got a text asking for the balance because "they needed the money". I was hesitant and said what guarantee would I have the yard would be done when it was right and I would ever hear from them again?
I got the "I stand behind my work" response. 2 weeks ago (still being working on), the yard had to be dug up partially because they had eyeballed the grade and were going to fix it if it was wrong per the city. Also, supposedly, the grade stakes were originally placed wrong as well from the professional grading staking company. Now, the yard is half warzone looking and I find they need another 1/3 of the total price to finish.
Until they get paid, they are "walking off the job". They also put all the dirt they dug up from the yard in the vacant lot next door and I'm getting complaints about "dumping". I am now in the process of hiring someone else to complete a simple probably 1 hours worth of flatting the warzone so I can seed it myself and then I will be talking with my lawyer regarding damages and repayment for all the headache and extra cost I'm about to incur. I tried reaching out to the company and after a week of ignoring my calls and texts (after they said they would again give me a call to let me know when they would show up again) they said they weren't scared of me saying "court" because “they have lawyers for this type of situation”.
SUMMARY: If you want a nice yard at some point when they don’t schedule fishing time and the time of the moon is right and the wind blows a certain way and don't mind getting surprise extra costs added before completion, then this is the company for you.I am really surprised as I haven't heard anyone else complaining about the company, but the company itself says it's been in situations before like mine and have "been screwed by the home owner" so apparently I'm not the first.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Carlos 4 Seasons Landscaping And Snow Removal Lawn Service
- Review category
- Landscaping and Gardening
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Met with sales person April of 2016 and walked the yard. Assured me they'd take care of everything we were seeing and my lawn would look terrific. Extremely quick to..."
- "Never have I had such a terrible experience than at DiMeo Farms. This place is a total scam. Anthony DiMeo III is a certifiable narcissist who is completely..."
- "I live in Spain & purchaced my 3rd chaisaw 3 years ago after disappointing performance from the previous 2 non Stihl models I owned. I spent quite some time in..."
- "I spent good money on a can of planters deluxe mixed nut an when i open the can i find a lot of nesty green nuts all in this can..."
- "The only reason I ordered through Cichic was because they advertised yoga onzie brand pants, by the way is still being shown as in stock. But when the package arrived..."
- "This is a response to an account manager by the name of Lucy. I am extremely dissatisfied with this entire process. I ordered a dress for a special event in..."
- "I've been a denture wearer for almost 10 years, I needed a new set. I went to affordable dentures in Kenosha, WI. because, well affordable. The first appointment the woman..."
- "I bought a love seat, couch, and rocking recliner. They only provide a 1 year warranty which is fine but, just over a year my fabric started to deteriorate. I..."