Carlos 4 Seasons Landscaping And Snow Removal - Lack of professionalism and customer service

2 of 2 Carlos 4 Seasons Landscaping And Snow Removal reviews

First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working.They know their stuff and are good at what they do.

NEGATIVE: I hired the company to grade and grass seed my yard. Over the past two months, the company has had TERRIBLE punctuality. I have heard excuses ranging from "I decided to go fishing" to "I'll be there today" and I didn't hear from them for 3 days. When they first discussed pricing with us, they quoted us a verbal price (no written contract.

MAKE SURE YOU GET A WRITTEN CONTRACT) with a verbal guarantee that they will not finish until I was satisfied. We had to pay half up front and the balance was to be paid when "we were satisfied". Right before the yard was complete I got a text asking for the balance because "they needed the money". I was hesitant and said what guarantee would I have the yard would be done when it was right and I would ever hear from them again?

I got the "I stand behind my work" response. 2 weeks ago (still being working on), the yard had to be dug up partially because they had eyeballed the grade and were going to fix it if it was wrong per the city. Also, supposedly, the grade stakes were originally placed wrong as well from the professional grading staking company. Now, the yard is half warzone looking and I find they need another 1/3 of the total price to finish.

Until they get paid, they are "walking off the job". They also put all the dirt they dug up from the yard in the vacant lot next door and I'm getting complaints about "dumping". I am now in the process of hiring someone else to complete a simple probably 1 hours worth of flatting the warzone so I can seed it myself and then I will be talking with my lawyer regarding damages and repayment for all the headache and extra cost I'm about to incur. I tried reaching out to the company and after a week of ignoring my calls and texts (after they said they would again give me a call to let me know when they would show up again) they said they weren't scared of me saying "court" because “they have lawyers for this type of situation”.

SUMMARY: If you want a nice yard at some point when they don’t schedule fishing time and the time of the moon is right and the wind blows a certain way and don't mind getting surprise extra costs added before completion, then this is the company for you.I am really surprised as I haven't heard anyone else complaining about the company, but the company itself says it's been in situations before like mine and have "been screwed by the home owner" so apparently I'm not the first.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Landscaping and Gardening
review #942543 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Carlos 4 Seasons Landscaping And Snow Removal? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 2 Carlos 4 Seasons Landscaping And Snow Removal reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Carlos 4 Seasons Landscaping And Snow Removal.
Filing a new complaint about
×