Hope Mills, North Carolina
19.1K views

On TV this co. States their card will save you at the dentist today and that it's free to start with.

This is not so. I called Carefree Dental, had to pay $45 approximately, and went to see a dentist the next week. Not being able to find a nearby dentist that accepted their "dental plan". I contacted their customer service and was pointed to a specific dentist in my neighborhood.

They did tell me to verify he accepted Carefree Dental. The receptionist said they did, however, I ended up getting examined and charged $100 because in fact the dentist Carefree referred me to did not accept their plan. Carefree Dental refused to give me a refund of my $45 and cancelled my account at the end of our nasty discussion.

I would not recommend the Carefree dental plan to anyone, unless you just like spending money for nothing. --Rkymtngrl99@gmail.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Carefree Dental Dental Insurance.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

What was the $45 for. I thought you only had to pay $15.95 a month?

Sorry, currently have none to offer as they all appear to be lying criminals!

Jdfg

WOW! Thanks a million, I thought about going with this plan but I'm just going to have to stick with Physician Mutual, at least they're real, however, I still have to wait a whole year to use their plan because of my pre-existing condition.

I do have a carefree card but i want to find a Dentist that will pull my teeths

I started to go with Carefree Dental, but changed my mind. I had entered a few of the required fields online (name, address, email address, phone number) and then decided to do a little more research before going with them, so I hit the cancel button.

Ever since then, I have been flooded with emails, phone calls and mail, even though I unsubscribed in my email, told them over the phone I am not interested and have returned mail letting them know not to send anymore.

DO NOT ever enter information in any of the form fields for ANY product or services unless you are sure you want it. They still receive your info even if you cancel out and never hit the submit button.

@Big Pru

It’s all about mor money

I paid on the Carefree dental for six months. I called and asked if my dentist was covered and they said he would be covered through Aetna.

I had my teeth and X-rayed and was going to pay and Carefree said my dentist was not covered. I had my eyes checked and it was the same deal.

They said he was not covered. I turned them over to my bank.

#1619747

Saw commercial and sent for free card, immediately started getting request for payment. Received card in mail but after doing some research on this company now realize that it is not worth the grief.

Destroyed card and notified company to cancel account opened to issue "free card". No payments being set to this place; never used the service, never will; if something sounds too good to be true, it isn't worth your time or grief.

Thx for the post on this TV commercial. I saw it couple days ago & because I don't have dental insurance thought a good deal at $15.95 month they quoted on TV.

Just call 1-877-259-6103, if you want to get ripped off like you did.

Sorry to hear how you got treated. We never know what is real anymore!

Thank you, so much for your comments. I am sorry you had a bad experience with Care Free Dental

i saw the commercial on tv and i thought it is good plan, but reading peoples reviews .. thinking i will pass

reading these comments is hilarous...don't get me wrong, and if you did "Grow UP"

I'm going through the same thing. There are NO dentists anywhere in my area or within 50 miles.

At the bottom of my card, i just noticed in tiny print, "this is NOT insurance." Plus the $50 gift card i was promised turned out to be a $5.00 visa card that didn't work.

I want my "membership" cancelled now, but they wont answer emails or phone calls. I'm not a happy person tword this company.

Thank you, was going to get this card. But now I will pass . Thank you.

so what is the difference between Carefree Dental and Physician Mutual because I signed up with Physician Mutual and not sure about Carefree Dental

Well I think you for telling your story because I was thinking about getting carefree. Sorry this happen to you.

I recently had an abscesses tooth and I have no insurance. I purchased this for $15.95 and used it immediately.

I have had no problems at all. I even got the prescription discount at CVS. Your problem may have been the lack of participating dentists in your area. Carefree may have sent you to a dentist that accepts Aetna (which this discount program is affiliated with), and the provider wasn't aware of that.

My dentist was confused by the card (I told them that they were listed on thier site as a provider), then they saw the Aetna numbers on the card you get, they called it in and all was fine.

@Anonymous

Two comments repeated showing different source states. Hmmmmmmmmm

@Obbop

That's shady that the comments are Anonymous.